No more BG raw drivers?

Ric Schultz

No more BG raw drivers?
« on: 29 Jan 2015, 07:01 pm »
Danny,  What is the story on the BG drivers?  Miniscus told me that the company was sold and they are no longer going to sell their drivers for resale.  He did not know anything else.  He did not know if they will sell to OEMs.  They have sold all theirs and Parts Connexion the same.....no stock except for Neo 8s.  I tried calling BG but they are not answering nor can you leave a message.  I will try emailing them later today.  Any news?  How will this effect the Serenity line?

Captainhemo

Re: No more BG raw drivers?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2015, 07:10 pm »
Man, not liking the sound of that  :o

-jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2015, 09:10 pm »
BG was sold. I can't say who bought it at this time.

All stock has been moved from Carson City, NV to Riverside, CA.

I was told by someone from BG that the new company will continue to sell drivers to OEM's. The RD series drivers are history though. And they will continue to sell a limited number of products to dealers as well. I don't think they will be shipping any product though for another week or so.

Bear

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2015, 02:00 am »
http://www.cepro.com/article/david_braebener_of_bohlender-graebener_fame_passes_away/

Speakercraft, edit: corebrands owns speaker craft, this one makes sense. Core Brands.

Von Schweikert?

JDCrae

« Reply #4 on: 7 Feb 2015, 03:02 pm »
The company was purchased by Christie Digital

studiotech

« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2015, 04:17 pm »
http://www.cepro.com/article/david_braebener_of_bohlender-graebener_fame_passes_away/

Speakercraft, edit: corebrands owns speaker craft, this one makes sense. Core Brands.

Von Schweikert?

Lots of posts on forums are mistakenly connecting the passing of David with the sale of BG.  The two are not related.  David had not been with BG for many years.  He moved over to Wisdom Audio and worked with Tom Bohlender again.

Greg

jcotner

« Reply #6 on: 8 Feb 2015, 11:11 pm »
The company was purchased by Christie Digital

And from my knowledge of them, expect to pay much more for the same product.

dan_e10

« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2015, 07:00 pm »
Hi Danny,
Do you still have any Neo3's or Neo8's in stock or are they all gone now that BG got bought out?
Dan

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2015, 08:34 pm »
Hi Danny,
Do you still have any Neo3's or Neo8's in stock or are they all gone now that BG got bought out?
Dan

Fortunately, I had good stock on everything before the buy out. They have been going fast though. I am out of Neo 10's that I can sell. I am out of Neo 8's, and don't have a lot of Neo 3 pdr's left. So I am pretty anxious for more inventory to start shipping.

Bobusm

« Reply #9 on: 9 Mar 2015, 03:18 pm »
Any more information on availability - seems to be out of stock everywhere in Us or Europe.

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 9 Mar 2015, 10:45 pm »
Any more information on availability - seems to be out of stock everywhere in Us or Europe.

The new company that now owns these drivers knows that there is a need for them and they intend to put things in place that will allow them to be supplied in the future. I spoke with them today about it. Hang in there. It may still be a bit longer....