AVP32 - what specs do users want!

phoenix_rising

Re: AVP32 - what specs do users want!
« Reply #60 on: 4 Apr 2009, 01:46 am »
Read the thread about Cary Audio's Cinema 11 here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=809659&page=70

We decided that it is not worth getting into HDMI HD audio decoding. The resulting sound quality will not be good enough for serious audiophiles.  There are too many decent AVP for $1500 or less.

That does not sound right to me. If you look at something like what the high end pioneers have done jitter is virtually eliminated between the blu-ray player and the receiver and the quality is controlled more by the quality of the DAC than anything else and they use high end DAC's as well, it is the analog stage that colours everything not a jitter free digital solution. Nuforce should be looking at this as the solution and directly connecting into their amp from the processor so that more of the analog stages are removed not the other way around.

Just my 2c worth

plivac

« Reply #61 on: 14 Apr 2009, 01:42 pm »
I agree - why else would we then replace the AVP-17 if the AVP-32 does not have HDMI audio decoding. I think that it doesn't make sense to make a 3-rd generation product that basically is the same unit as the 1st generation with minor tweaks.

Personally, I don't think that you should rush the product to market but rather wait and get it right - my guess is that most owners of the AVP-17 (or even 16) would not purchase a new processor that does not have HD audio decoding.

persisting1

« Reply #62 on: 15 Apr 2009, 11:55 am »
I agree - why else would we then replace the AVP-17 if the AVP-32 does not have HDMI audio decoding. I think that it doesn't make sense to make a 3-rd generation product that basically is the same unit as the 1st generation with minor tweaks.

Personally, I don't think that you should rush the product to market but rather wait and get it right - my guess is that most owners of the AVP-17 (or even 16) would not purchase a new processor that does not have HD audio decoding.

+1  :duh:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #63 on: 20 Apr 2009, 07:44 pm »
AVP-32 will have HD audio decoding. We haven't had the chance to evaluate the prototype so no further information here.

EAmin

« Reply #64 on: 22 Apr 2009, 12:42 am »
PLEASE, PLEASE bring back the AVP32.  I want an all Nuforce HT with the Oppo blu-ray player.

Toka

« Reply #65 on: 22 Apr 2009, 10:42 pm »
:o  What? An Oppo BDP-83 - Nuforce Edition.... I was selected for the EAP for the BDP-83 and it is quite an amazing player..... Did you mean that you guys are releasing your own version of the BDP-83? hmmm, am I going to have to get rid of my BdP-83 and upgrade :duh:?

Yes...more info please.  :drool:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #66 on: 22 Apr 2009, 11:33 pm »
Please do not ask OPPO about this. I mentioned in this forum by mistake  :oops:
We will make the announcement at the appropriate time.  Please, stop asking about it  :duh:

skiwrx

« Reply #67 on: 7 Jun 2009, 10:29 pm »
Hi There, checking in on status!

I continue to agree with you that having a really good 7.1 analogue pre/pro is the best way for music.  I've listened to a decent 7.1 analogue set up and compared it to a high end AVP with HDMI and internal decoding of HD etc.  For music, the analogue set up was superior- which is amazing because the AVP set up had one technology that really works well for movies:  auto set up/multi-EQ.  The analogue set up  sounded more natural and convincing for music, while the set up with Multi-EQ was more convincing for movies.  Perhaps the room correction function could be integrated into a player like the Oppo some day.

Ciao for now, hope things are still developing...

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #68 on: 20 Jul 2009, 11:45 pm »
Jason
Any updates??  I'm really impressed with the capabilities of the AVP-17 and am hoping the 32 is still a go!
Thanks
Mark

EAmin

« Reply #69 on: 14 Aug 2009, 06:55 pm »
Can we see some hot women posing next to the AVP32?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #70 on: 14 Aug 2009, 10:40 pm »
It is still being debugged. No way it is going to come out this year.

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #71 on: 15 Aug 2009, 01:19 am »
Jason
Any information on it at all?
Thanks
Mark

plivac

« Reply #72 on: 29 Oct 2009, 09:16 pm »
OK guys.... need to keep this thread alive - and a reminder to Jason and the crew that we are still waiting for their UBER AVP.....

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #73 on: 30 Oct 2009, 08:39 am »
Still stuck in development.

We are looking into another project that is easier to manage:
take HDMI PCM stream from source devices, split, re-clock and convert to 7.1 analog outputs.

antr

« Reply #74 on: 30 Oct 2009, 04:09 pm »
Hi Jason...
My Lexicon MV-5 processor are using there Logic 7 for decoding PCM stream from source and that sounds great.

//Anders

plivac

« Reply #75 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:21 pm »
Still stuck in development.

We are looking into another project that is easier to manage:
take HDMI PCM stream from source devices, split, re-clock and convert to 7.1 analog outputs.

Jason...... honestly, then I can just buy the Oppo Blue ray player...... can you tell us definitely if there will be a product so that we can realistically manage our expectation or focus our attention to other brands for a pre/pro.

thanks.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #76 on: 3 Nov 2009, 06:58 am »
I don't think you want to wait that long for our AVP or whatever. It is unlikely to come out before mid 2010.

Regarding the OPPO BDP-83, wait one more week for some good news.

Jason

plivac

« Reply #77 on: 3 Nov 2009, 06:18 pm »
I don't think you want to wait that long for our AVP or whatever. It is unlikely to come out before mid 2010.

Jason

hmmmm...... hear no evil... speak no evil...  Mid 2010 is OK.... but it better be good, cheaper and more reliable than the Cary Cinema 11a..... plus XLRs (like the AVP 17)....

sac8d4

« Reply #78 on: 4 Nov 2009, 03:11 am »

Jason

hmm, I am sendning my Oppo BDp-83 to be modded by Dan modwright very soon, maybe I need to pick up Nuforce's when its out for a little shootout

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #79 on: 4 Nov 2009, 07:56 pm »
Hi,
The new Oppo SE version will have a completely different DAC.   Unless other modification are going to replace the DAC, they are not likely to achieve the performance of the Oppo SE due to the new DAC from ESS (the Sabre DAC), 2 of them will be used in the SE, 1 for dedicated 2-channel, and the other 8-channel for movies.

Nuforce Edition rides on the better SE platform to offer significant and all-out performance enhancement by installing better parts and optimized important circuit that Oppo deemed "too extreme".