Audio Event
« on: 24 Mar 2015, 03:08 am »
An invite to:
Music Listening DAC Party
April 4th, 2015
2:00 PM til you’re done
Snacks provided, just bring a favorite CD or two, and a DAC if you want to
1028 Monfort Ct.  Lake St. Louis, MO  63367

LARGE system for use:  Mark Levinson No.326S preamp, Mark Levinson No.532H amplifier, Clarus Crimson interconnects and power cables, Audience line filtration, designed-for-audio Music PC, speakers Revel Ultima2 Salon2 (Revel F206’s too)

SMALL system for use:  Marantz Reference integrated amplifier either PM-11S3 or PM-14S1 arriving before DAC party, Cary CAD 120S Mk II amplifier, Clarus Crimson/Aqua cabling, stand mount speakers (5 sets): KEF LS50, KEF R300, Revel M105, Canton 820.2, Monitor Audio GX100

DAC’s on hand for demo: Cary DMC600 SE DAC/Digital Preamp/CD transport, Marantz NA-11S1 DAC/Network Player, Bricasti M1 DAC/Digital Preamp, Cambridge Audio

Please RSVP to:
Dave, (another Dave :) )
dave@athometheatredesigns.com
314-378-0588

He just needs to know how many to expect, this is his house and providing refreshments.  It should be a lot of fun to compare DAC's and give anyone looking to move to  a computer based source to see it done.

Scott F.

Re: Audio Event
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2015, 02:27 pm »
I 'might' be able to make assuming I don't want to commit salami...I've got my date with the tax accountant at 11:00 that morning  :duh: If all goes well (enough), I'll try to make it by  :thumb:

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2015, 02:34 pm »
I will be there to hear the DACs but mainly to hear the little KEF LS50.  Should be a fun day.

Mr Peabody

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2015, 06:42 pm »
I'll see you there Mark.  One quick change, the Marantz integrated won't be there, he ordered a Cary preamp to match with the Cary amp.  So that driving the Kef should be a nice listen.  I actually haven't heard Kef before or Cary so looking forward to it.  If the Cary DAC is in that system then we'll hear the total package :) 

Hope to see you Scott.  If you don't commit, "no soup for you", LOL 

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2015, 09:21 pm »
Definitely interested in hearing the LS50s. Can you play Hirez (PCM/DSD) via USB stick?

Mr Peabody

« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2015, 10:11 pm »
I would think so but you should email Dave to be sure.  I'm still a disc spinner.  You know that bust of Joe Satriani that comes with his full catalog on high res, you remove his sunglasses to expose USB ports, we were able to play that through the Marantz Ref DAC.  I haven't seen or heard the Cary or Bricasti yet, both expensive units but that doesn't always guarantee features.  I'm almost certain both will do DSD though.

sturgus

« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2015, 01:03 am »
Sounds like fun. I will try and be there.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #7 on: 27 Mar 2015, 02:03 am »
Looks like I'll be able to attend.  I'll send Dave an email to let him know.

Scott F.

« Reply #8 on: 5 Apr 2015, 05:05 pm »
Hey Dave,

Thanks for hosting the event. You rep some pretty cool gear  :thumb:

Sorry about chasing everybody out of the room with Awolnation (ultimate gravity remix) and the DJ Epic remix of some Skrillex  :lol: Gotta say, it was fun listing to those on the big Revels.  :green:

seeya  :wave:

Mr Peabody

« Reply #9 on: 5 Apr 2015, 07:32 pm »
We played a variety of music but AWOLnation remix had to be one of the highlights.  It definitely had the Salons talking.