NFL Football '16-17

roscoeiii

Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #180 on: 16 Nov 2016, 03:11 am »
This was the best weekend of football this year!!

Lots of compelling and exciting games and it finished with a win by the Giants. 

While the Gmen still have lots of flaws, at least they are 6-3 and solidly in the playoff picture with games against Cleveland and Chicago the next two weeks.  Can't afford any stumbles with the way Dallas keeps playing.

George

Beware the Bears!!!

...nah. Who am I kidding?

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #181 on: 21 Nov 2016, 10:18 am »
What the heck happened to the Packers?

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #182 on: 21 Nov 2016, 10:41 am »
Beware the Bears!!!

...nah. Who am I kidding?

It was way closer than I wanted to see...but a win, is a win.

Giants are now 7-3 and trying to keep pace with the Cowgirls.

George

randytsuch

« Reply #183 on: 21 Nov 2016, 03:51 pm »
It was way closer than I wanted to see...but a win, is a win.

Giants are now 7-3 and trying to keep pace with the Cowgirls.

George

:lol: :lol:
Giants and skins are playing for a wildcard spot.
Without a running game, Giants can only go so far, although their defense is tough.

Seattle and Dallas are the teams to watch for from the NFC.
With their experience, Seattle will be tough in the playoffs.

fredgarvin

« Reply #184 on: 21 Nov 2016, 05:17 pm »
:lol: :lol:
Giants and skins are playing for a wildcard spot.
Without a running game, Giants can only go so far, although their defense is tough.

Seattle and Dallas are the teams to watch for from the NFC.
With their experience, Seattle will be tough in the playoffs.

Unless Dallas stumbles against Wash. or NY, they probably have home field advantage. But, the Hawks did just take down NE at their home.  :D

mcgsxr

« Reply #185 on: 25 Nov 2016, 12:21 am »
Watching the Dallas vs Washington game.  Bryant is catching everything!

Well earned by Dallas.  A team I have long enjoyed rooting against, but today they are playing well wth their young QB getting it done. 

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #186 on: 5 Dec 2016, 02:39 am »
Okay, so the Giants aren't taking the Vince Lombardi Trophy back to NY where it so rightfully belongs...

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #187 on: 5 Dec 2016, 02:50 am »
Okay, so the Giants aren't taking the Vince Lombardi Trophy back to NY where it so rightfully belongs...

In a pawn shop?  Again???   :roll:

syzygy

« Reply #188 on: 5 Dec 2016, 03:17 am »
Steelers took care of business.

fredgarvin

« Reply #189 on: 5 Dec 2016, 04:19 pm »
The surprise team so far is Detroit, on top of their division with a two game lead. Kansas City is nipping at the Raiders' feet. It's a dogfight in that division. The Eagles are looking to repeat 7-9, if they can win two more. Time for a new head coach.  :D

Dallas looks to be the no.1 seed, with their easy schedule. Somehow, the Rams keep paying their annually mediocre coach. Two more years?  :duh:

charmerci

« Reply #190 on: 6 Dec 2016, 12:19 am »
The surprise team so far is Detroit, on top of their division with a two game lead. Kansas City is nipping at the Raiders' feet. It's a dogfight in that division. The Eagles are looking to repeat 7-9, if they can win two more. Time for a new head coach.  :D

Dallas looks to be the no.1 seed, with their easy schedule. Somehow, the Rams keep paying their annually mediocre coach. Two more years?  :duh:

Don't really understand that Fisher thing.  :scratch:

In the NFC - right now - Tampa is the scary hot team. If the playoffs were now.....

fredgarvin

« Reply #191 on: 6 Dec 2016, 01:40 am »

In the NFC - right now - Tampa is the scary hot team. If the playoffs were now.....

I should have mentioned that. I had them losing in SD but they looked good. With the Atlanta games done I'm looking forward to that Dallas game!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #192 on: 6 Dec 2016, 02:42 am »
Dallas looks to be the no.1 seed, with their easy schedule.
Of the 11 Dallas wins, the only teams that had losing records that they beat were Cleveland, Chicago, and Washington, and the Washington club has not turned out to be "easy" for anyone else.  Now after playing Dallas, some slipped into that .500 or less range, but at the time, they were holding their own.  If Dallas is the #1 seed, it's because they've played good ball at the right times. 

Oops, I forgot S.F. but that still has 7 of 11 teams were average or better.  That's not what I call an especially soft schedule. 

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #193 on: 6 Dec 2016, 03:20 am »
The Eagles are looking to repeat 7-9, if they can win two more. Time for a new head coach.  :D

Yeah, they really dropped off a cliff after the first three oh so optimistic games.  The O line is decimated and the team was never good enough to overcome something like that.  The kid tries hard, and still shows promise, but he's ill equipped to handle a team where tight ends dodge blocks and half the defense has given up.  Thus the mess falls in the lap of the head coach.  And a small minority of hot heads, Not Me, are already calling for the coach's head.  Normal people and the Eagle ownership are definitely are in wait and see mode.  The leash gets much shorter next year. 

Oh yeah, how's our buddy Chip doing this year?  Still pretty sure it was a good move to fire him.  Easy argument, how good would the Eagle's be with DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Macklin, Lesean McCoy and even Evan Mathis still here?

S Clark

« Reply #194 on: 6 Dec 2016, 04:20 am »
Even as a Dallas fan, I'd hate to see Philly fire their coaches.  You've got to give them 3-4 years to see what they can build.  I think they've actually made some good moves trying to recover from the bad judgement of GM Chipster.  But it's going to need several years of good drafts to build a new core around their young QB. 

fredgarvin

« Reply #195 on: 6 Dec 2016, 03:55 pm »
Of the 11 Dallas wins, the only teams that had losing records that they beat were Cleveland, Chicago, and Washington, and the Washington club has not turned out to be "easy" for anyone else.  Now after playing Dallas, some slipped into that .500 or less range, but at the time, they were holding their own.  If Dallas is the #1 seed, it's because they've played good ball at the right times. 

Oops, I forgot S.F. but that still has 7 of 11 teams were average or better.  That's not what I call an especially soft schedule.

The Cowboys schedule is ranked #27 by the NFL- That's considered pretty easy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000652553/article/2016-strength-of-schedule-for-each-team

I don't consider that a knock on the Cowboys, like you apparently do. It's just football.

fredgarvin

« Reply #196 on: 6 Dec 2016, 04:14 pm »
Yeah, they really dropped off a cliff after the first three oh so optimistic games.  The O line is decimated and the team was never good enough to overcome something like that.  The kid tries hard, and still shows promise, but he's ill equipped to handle a team where tight ends dodge blocks and half the defense has given up.  Thus the mess falls in the lap of the head coach.  And a small minority of hot heads, Not Me, are already calling for the coach's head.  Normal people and the Eagle ownership are definitely are in wait and see mode.  The leash gets much shorter next year. 

Oh yeah, how's our buddy Chip doing this year?  Still pretty sure it was a good move to fire him.  Easy argument, how good would the Eagle's be with DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Macklin, Lesean McCoy and even Evan Mathis still here?

The biggest problem for Philly has always been the Philly fans.

As for your SF question, one of the worst rosters in the league with Castro at QB and playing the #1 rated toughest schedule in the league this season. It's gonna be a long road for them in any case.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000653361/article/roster-reset-recap-four-power-teams-reign-in-nfc

The underperforming team in that conference is the Rams.

S Clark

« Reply #197 on: 6 Dec 2016, 04:35 pm »
A determination of who's easy made in Feb. usually need lots of re-assessment by this time of the year.  Teams even wane and wax within a season, based on injury, leadership or lack thereof, and bounce of the ball.
11-1 means you're good, lucky, and have won some close games. 
A good example- the article that you linked where the writer predicted 4 teams clearly at the top of the NFC.  Looks like 3 out of 4 can't even make a wildcard spot.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000653361/article/roster-reset-recap-four-power-teams-reign-in-nfc   
Every year is different.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #198 on: 7 Dec 2016, 02:09 am »
The biggest problem for Philly has always been the Philly fans.

As for your SF question, one of the worst rosters in the league with Castro at QB and playing the #1 rated toughest schedule in the league this season. It's gonna be a long road for them in any case.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000653361/article/roster-reset-recap-four-power-teams-reign-in-nfc

The underperforming team in that conference is the Rams.

No, the fans don't play the games, the Philly teams have been the biggest problem for Philly.  And the Philly season ticket holders are at least sixty percent new.  Jeffery got rid of the riff raff way back when seat licences were instituted in the old stadium.  He pulled a billing scam to turn over as many of the old ticket holders as possible for a more affluent clientele.  Because of that and improved security in the new stadium, the battery, beer can, and snowball throwing crowd is largely gone. 

Good point about San Fran, there wasn't a lot to work with.  Doesn't seem to have done much to make it better, but more power to him if he can resurrect that team in the next couple of years.  And you're right about the Rams, I thought they were up and comers, maybe not a strong playoff team, but certainly much improved.  Not so much I guess. 

sts9fan

« Reply #199 on: 7 Dec 2016, 02:18 am »

What's not to understand? Jeff Fisher is 178 and 163 in his career as a head coach. This is the definition of mediocre. I'm not sure how he has a job.