Stratos Mono Extremes advice needed

Spirit

• Volunteer
Stratos Mono Extremes advice needed
« on: 14 Jan 2017, 05:35 am »
I haven't posted on AC for quite a long time.
I would appreciate some advice from the Odyssey experts.
I own 2 sets of Stratos Mono Extremes (total of 4 amps) that are biamped running my Apogee Duetta Signatures - which are about 30 years old.
Due to life stuff and personal issues I haven't turned on the system for at least one year (maybe even 2 years - I can't remember exactly).
Tonight, I decided to turn everything on!!  I let things warm up for about 15 minutes and then turned up the volume and, voila, very nice sound came out of my speakers.
Based on users experience -
1:  if the amps have been dormant for this long, is their any danger of damage that I should be aware of?
2:  do the amps need a certain amount of break-in time to sound their best?
3:  should I keep the maps on for a certain length of time?
4:  is their an accepted protocol in terms of break in - ie should I play music through them at low volumes, etc?
5:  one more thing: in perusing the forum I have read some mention about "biasing" the amps. What does that mean/
I would appreciate some expert advice.
thanks in advance!

firedog

Re: Stratos Mono Extremes advice needed
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2017, 09:24 am »
I'd think about opening them up and blowing out the dust.

paul79

• Industry Participant
Re: Stratos Mono Extremes advice needed
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2017, 04:25 pm »
In addition to the above, just use them. If they sound good, they are good. I think people get a bit too hung up on that bias thing personally. Now, if you got a cold heatsink on one side and a warm one on the other, then you might worry about the bias.