Capfest

klaus@odyssey

Capfest
« on: 30 Jul 2015, 12:54 am »
We're on...Jefferson Ballroom.........and yes, will have the Liquid's with me !!!!!!!!!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Capfest
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2015, 01:37 am »
Sweet, see ya there!

AlTran

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2015, 10:22 pm »
You all will enjoy the LIQUIDs... Klaus asked me to return my LIQUIDs but I can't as I'm still breaking them in.

Warnings, these beauties LIQUIDS are killing my ears since day 1 I brought them home. Now that I can't listen to other speakers. As of now I have in them about 300 hours. I feel they still have more potential to come.

jazzguy

« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2015, 02:57 pm »
Wow, Klaus.  A ballroom?  Your standard of living has certainly improved since Newport.

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2015, 06:15 pm »
Great to hear!

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2015, 06:04 pm »
Hopefully, you can join us for dinner. Not sure yet on the venue but I don't need a huge steak (a smaller one is fine).

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2015, 05:11 pm »
Steak will have to be on Thursday, Friday or Sunday.  Got friend coming in from out of country for Saturday night.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2015, 03:20 am »
Guys,,,,,........ I'll roll in together with Alex G.....will be his first time at the CAP fest,  so he hasn't experienced this incredible community feeling of this particular show,  and I know that he is looking forward to meet with you local guys,  Phil, Bunky, etc.....

ALSO,  we'll have a super psychedelic Oasis,  heheheheheheheheeeeeeee

As for steak,  Thursday is out...Friday will be best...for me that is..

Phil A

« Reply #8 on: 20 Aug 2015, 12:33 pm »
I won't be getting in from the long drive until very late Thursday anyway.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2015, 01:11 pm »
Only place with decent steak within walking distance looks like Mykonos Grill. They got filet and lamp chops -- no cowboy 32 oz cuts though.  I made a reservation for 10.  Let me know if there is a better alternative.  I can cancel this one.  If this is the best place, chime in here to join us for dinner.  Klaus, Alex, lovely Irina and yours truly make 4.  I am sure we will have 6 or more, right?  I will call the restaurant with final number after we get a head count.

Reservation is for Friday August 28th at 7 PM. 

Chef Geoff's Rockville has NY strip and food is usually good (in other locations that I've eaten at) but it's too long a walk, right?

Riff's Lounge and Restaurant at the hotel also has filet and NY strip.  I don't know about the quality and it will be busy.  Service could be really slow.  What do you think?
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2015, 02:30 pm by woodsyi »

Phil A

« Reply #10 on: 20 Aug 2015, 02:23 pm »
Only place with decent steak within walking distance looks like Mykonos Grill. They got filet and lamp chops -- no cowboy 32 oz cuts though.  I made a reservation for 10.  Let me know if there is a better alternative.  I can cancel this one.  If this is the best place, chime in here to join us for dinner.  Klaus, Alex, lovely Irina and yours truly make 4.  I am sure we will have 6 or more, right?  I will call the restaurant with final number after we get a head count.

Chef Geoff's Rockville has NY strip and foods usually good (in other locations that I've eaten at) but it's too long a walk, right?

Riff's Lounge and Restaurant at the hotel also has filet and NY strip.  I don't know about the quality and it will be busy.  Service could be really slow.  What do you think?

Sounds fine to me

GentleBender

« Reply #11 on: 20 Aug 2015, 03:01 pm »
You guys will have a great time! One day I will have to plan a trip to go to one of these audio shows to check out some great gear (including the legendary Kismet Liquids and Monos). Plus the chance to hang out with some knowledgeable audiophile/engineers would be icing on the cake. I don't have much experience/knowledge, but Klaus has done me right and I trust his company.  :thumb:

Which are the best shows at the moment?

Phil A

« Reply #12 on: 20 Aug 2015, 03:16 pm »
You guys will have a great time! One day I will have to plan a trip to go to one of these audio shows to check out some great gear (including the legendary Kismet Liquids and Monos). Plus the chance to hang out with some knowledgeable audiophile/engineers would be icing on the cake. I don't have much experience/knowledge, but Klaus has done me right and I trust his company.  :thumb:

Which are the best shows at the moment?

I hear the RMAF is nice.  Never been to one.  Perhaps in 2016.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 20 Aug 2015, 04:00 pm »
I'm in.

David Berning can't make it to any dinners but he can join for a lunch perhaps.

I'm sure others will attend if invited like last time.

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 20 Aug 2015, 04:10 pm »

Chef Geoff's Rockville has NY strip and food is usually good (in other locations that I've eaten at) but it's too long a walk, right?

That place isn't a steak house. It's a Greek place. They may have a steak, but it isn't the same.

Isn't there an actual steak house nearby? I don't care if it is a chain. Just somewhere that can get served a steak, baked potato, and a salad like everywhere else.

bunky

« Reply #15 on: 23 Aug 2015, 01:03 am »
I called and talked to Nicks Chophouse in Rockville. they have prime aged black angus beef and the largest ribeye they offer is a 18 oz. I explained to them that we would most likely bring a large party and that Rays in Silver Spring although they don't have it on the regular menu offered us a 32oz cowboy cut ribeye.I will call the Manager at Nicks tomorrow and see if they can do the same thing for us next weekend.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2015, 02:36 am »
Actually,  it's just me and Alex...Irina is home in Russia right now....as for the steaks,  I'm ok with any of them.....BUT !!!!!  let's make sure that they have 50 oz. for  Rim...or at least 2 x 32's,  heheheheheee

mix4fix

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2015, 05:04 am »
I called and talked to Nicks Chophouse in Rockville. they have prime aged black angus beef and the largest ribeye they offer is a 18 oz. I explained to them that we would most likely bring a large party and that Rays in Silver Spring although they don't have it on the regular menu offered us a 32oz cowboy cut ribeye.I will call the Manager at Nicks tomorrow and see if they can do the same thing for us next weekend.

Sounds good.

How far are they from the hotel?

Phil A

« Reply #18 on: 23 Aug 2015, 12:34 pm »
BUT !!!!!  let's make sure that they have 50 oz. for  Rim...or at least 2 x 32's,  heheheheheee

Didn't realize in my absence (from the DC area) over the past couple of years that Rim went on a diet. :green:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #19 on: 23 Aug 2015, 12:38 pm »
Sorry guys, can't make it for Friday night dinner, have a great time.