Maraschino is HERE!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Back to the same old thing????
« Reply #100 on: 9 Nov 2013, 02:04 pm »
Having to go back, WAY back, to explaining how we can make a product of such a level without it being $10,000/ch:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=121127.msg1275189#msg1275189

Should I just come out and say it????  Should I just let the "other guys" comments fly?

I'm feeling philosophical today.  Let's just say that some people work harder.  Some people aren't so greedy.  Some people are just smarter and want others to benefit from their ideas.  Companies are like people.

The Maraschino is an amp that lets you immerse yourself in the sound.  More on this later.

Anyway, hope everyone has a nice weekend :)

RCduck7

Re: Maraschino is HERE!
« Reply #101 on: 8 Jan 2014, 08:59 pm »
I received a pair of Cherry Maraschino amps a few days ago. They are playing on a pair of Carnegie Acoustics speakers. These speakers have planar tweeters that are very revealing. I'm planning to compare these mono blocs to other stuff next week or so.
First impressions on the Maraschinos are very good!! They do sound very clear and open without being colored or clinical. And they do sound musical and fast. The music rolls out with a certain easy flow. Fantastic! Rightnow i haven't found that they put a foot wrong. So far my first impressions.
And i think they do look kinda cute but still substantial with the granite base. Nice!
« Last Edit: 8 Jan 2014, 10:43 pm by RCduck7 »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #102 on: 25 Jan 2014, 07:48 pm »
After some listening with various speakers and sources, the results are in....

First, I must say that after a session listening to Pink Floyd, The Wall, some interesting results were heard.  There's so much detail in this album. So many nuances for such an old recording!  The Maraschino really opens up sounds like the metal of cymbals and the micro detail that so many amps leave behind.  I'm biased, of course, but there's no doubt the sound is like new, revealing the capabilities of the speakers due to tight control at ALL frequencies.  Rock solid, louder than expected, and ultra clean at any level.

Second, imaging is nothing short of astonishing.  There is abundant "air".

This amp was designed to have extended bandwidth and extremely low output impedance so it can drive down to 1 ohm at all frequencies. Unfortunately, I don't have a pair of difficult-to-drive ESLs handy at the moment.  I bet the low impedance at high frequencies would work well with Gallo Reference speakers.

By the way, I'm currently driving the Maraschinos (mono blocks) with switching power supplies. I was hesitant at first to do this, but the sound is smooth as silk. I was worried that the current (as in amps) requirement would overwhelm the supplies, but due to the high efficiency, peaks are coming through with authority and no hiccups.

Well back to listening.  Can't wait to bring these to a rave sometime soon.  Thanks for reading.

-Tommy O

How time flies!  Hard to believe this was almost a year ago to the day.  We'd love to hear commentary on our approach.  We like to involve the audiophile public in development, and this is one of the things that sets Digital Amp Co. apart.  What are your opinions on this?  What are your impressions of the end result?  Thanks.

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #103 on: 3 Mar 2014, 08:39 pm »
In case you haven't seen, the 6moons review is complete (although it will be appended later):
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/dac/1.html

Comments?  We have some.....

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #104 on: 13 Mar 2014, 05:10 pm »
60V supply now being tested.  Get 400W into 4 ohms!

More info:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=124354.0

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #105 on: 23 Mar 2014, 07:41 pm »

mamba315

« Reply #106 on: 27 Apr 2014, 02:03 am »
Any word on the 60V supply availability?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #107 on: 28 Apr 2014, 10:51 am »
We are planning a pre-order special any day now.  Please email Support@DigitalAmp.com if interested.

New Product Brief:
https://www.digitalamp.com/MARA_INTRO_MAR_2014_60V.pdf
(for 60V)

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
"Comparing Maraschino to nCore" thread
« Reply #108 on: 13 May 2014, 03:14 pm »
Comparing Maraschino to nCore thread (new):
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125931.0

virtue

• Industry Participant
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #109 on: 13 May 2014, 03:22 pm »
Tommy,

400+ wpc clean into 4ohms is unprecedented in your form factor.

The science works.  I'm in awe.

Congratulations!

Seth

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #110 on: 4 Jun 2014, 12:25 pm »
Pending confirmation of our new enclosures, the 60V pre-order should be next week.  Thanks for your patience.   :D

cliffy

« Reply #111 on: 4 Jun 2014, 05:10 pm »
Tommy,

What are the Maraschino dimensions including the bases.  Not explicitly stated on your website.

Also need the measurements of the power supply.  (48V and 60V).

Thanks,

Spencer

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #112 on: 10 Jun 2014, 01:18 pm »
Tommy,

What are the Maraschino dimensions including the bases.  Not explicitly stated on your website.

Also need the measurements of the power supply.  (48V and 60V).

Thanks,

Spencer
Spencer,

Dimensions are L x W x H in inches....

Maraschino Desktop Amp: 6 x 6 x 5.5
48V Power Supply: 10 x 3 x 2
60V Power Supply: 7 x 7 x 2.5

Thanks for your post.

-Tommy O
« Last Edit: 6 Sep 2014, 04:36 pm by AmpDesigner333 »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #113 on: 6 Sep 2014, 04:36 pm »
As we enter the last day of our In-Line Maraschino Kickstarter campaign, we cannot say enough to express our gratitude to our backers!

For the last day only, we added a "procrastinator's special" tricked-out 60V Desktop Maraschino reward at $2750 (regularly $3800).

In-Line Maraschino Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/in-line-maraschino

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #115 on: 8 Apr 2015, 02:01 am »
If you own 48V Maraschinos, check out the DUAL 60V upgrade deal here:
http://kck.st/1EKKHSt

Check out the "rewards" section.

A little more than 3 days left on the project, so get in before it's too late.  Orders from the Kickstarter will be shipped before orders outside the program.

By the way, there's a sweet deal on a pair of demo desktop Maraschinos in there.  Only one pair available!

Thanks to Seth for adding the cable deal (see http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=133137.msg1418883#msg1418883)!

-Tommy O

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
DAC DAC Kickstarter
« Reply #116 on: 7 Jan 2016, 06:39 pm »
In related news....  We have 43 backers so far, and we're going for 100.  So, even a $1 pledge helps.  We also added a stretch goal for free S/PDIF cables with each DAC DAC.  That's at a certain total dollar amount (explained in "updates" section).

Just a bit more than 5 days left !!!!  MAJOR discounts on Cherry amps (several versions) for being a backer.

Here's the abbreviated link:
http://kck.st/1NWutrj

The video has been played nearly 2000 times, by the way, and we believe we set a new record for funding speed!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Re: DAC DAC Kickstarter
« Reply #117 on: 10 Jan 2016, 06:12 pm »
In related news....  We have 43 backers so far, and we're going for 100.  So, even a $1 pledge helps.  We also added a stretch goal for free S/PDIF cables with each DAC DAC.  That's at a certain total dollar amount (explained in "updates" section).

Just a bit more than 5 days left !!!!  MAJOR discounts on Cherry amps (several versions) for being a backer.

Here's the abbreviated link:
http://kck.st/1NWutrj

The video has been played nearly 2000 times, by the way, and we believe we set a new record for funding speed!
Now at 55 backers and almost 250%....  Supplies limited....  3 days left.

jseipp

« Reply #118 on: 10 Jan 2016, 09:04 pm »
I've written before about the combination of the Maraschinos with the GR Research Wedgies.  Both designs do what I most value in making music, playing so clearly and cleanly that they give the impression of music appearing out of thin air.  It's an uncanny experience, and one to which I am now thoroughly addicted.

Anyone who wishes to hear the potential of their speakers would do well to take advantage of the DAC Kickstarter offers and give the amps a try.  I am personally looking forward to what the DAC DAC has to offer.  Unlike many Kickstarter campaigns, this one is targeted for delivery next month, so there's not much of a wait.

I have no interests to disclose, other than that I'd like to alert other ACers that some really amazing equipment is available at extremely reasonable prices.  I wouldn't have had the chance to have music like this in my home were it not for just such an offer -- if you are at all interested or even just curious, now's your chance.  :thumb:   

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #119 on: 3 May 2017, 03:07 am »
Our new Kickstarter:
http://kck.st/2p77yos

What's available as rewards:
- DAC DAC
- MEGAschino (our new amp)
- Linear Maraschino power supplies (for ILM, DTM, STM)
- USB to SPDIF converter

If you have written a review, please copy it to the Kickstarter comments.   That would be great to see!

Thanks.