WOW! NUPRIME introduces the IDA-16 offering 384K & DSD decoding

John Casler

More photos HERE

MANUAL HERE

DRB

And if I might add a comment regarding POWER.

While this amp is rather on the small side, don't let that fool you into thinking it is a "light-weight".

I am powering the VMPS RM40 Tower Speakers "FULL-RANGE" and while I do listen nearfield, I find 80db on the volume setting to be higher than I could listen long term comfortably.

My normal POWER is 335wpc x 2 for the tweeter/midrange bank and 525wpc x 2 to the woofers. :o

This product appears to be precisely what I'm looking for.  I was just concerned about the price.  I went to NuPrimeAudio's website and there is nothing listed as price.

I did some checking and found this website that has them available for sale.   Yes, I know it's in a different country, but they have it listed for $18,900.00 and that seemed a little high as I seemed to have seen the number $2,395.00 being thrown around, so I'm just concerned if anyone actually knows the real MSRP.

Thanks

Here's the site that has it listed at $18,900.00   http://www.cyjpaudio.com/main/en/nuprime/detail/41-nuprime/flypage%7Cask/196-nuprime-ida-16.html?sef=hcfp

John Casler

This product appears to be precisely what I'm looking for.  I was just concerned about the price.  I went to NuPrimeAudio's website and there is nothing listed as price.

I did some checking and found this website that has them available for sale.   Yes, I know it's in a different country, but they have it listed for $18,900.00 and that seemed a little high as I seemed to have seen the number $2,395.00 being thrown around, so I'm just concerned if anyone actually knows the real MSRP.

Thanks

Here's the site that has it listed at $18,900.00   http://www.cyjpaudio.com/main/en/nuprime/detail/41-nuprime/flypage%7Cask/196-nuprime-ida-16.html?sef=hcfp

Hi DRB,

I suspect, even though that shows a $ sign that it is in some other currency.

In any event, the IDA-16 is currently at an "introductory" retail of $2350.  That price is supposed to rise to $2600 retail in time to be more in line with its performance class.

If you don't have a dealer in your area please feel free to contact me directly.

ajayrav

The price at the site above is in Hong Kong dollars (1HK$=0.13USD).  With that conversion, the price is about $2450 US.  If you look at the top right hand side of the web page, it stated the price is in HK$.

Cheers,
Ajay

Kenobi

With pricing squared away, any more new impressions?  Mr. Casler sent out some new units last week to some new lucky owners.  Also, any follow-up impressions would be nice from the early adapters.

Eagerly waiting...

Kenobi  :D

mv

Any updates on the sound quality?

shauk786

I recently have had several opportunities to seriously listen to the new NuPRIME IDA-16 in a system I am very familiar with.

I have been very impressed with the amp overall.

It definitely has a great tone, and dynamic quality.

The most remarkable qualities are how quiet it is, so the sound just appears out of the blackness, and the soundstage and imaging it creates.

Of course it is as detailed and resolving as any amp I have heard, and the bass is also at that level.

It is surprising how powerful it feels from such a small size and footprint, running the huge tower speakers to quite high spl's without a hint of stress or strain.

Diana Krall, Josh Groban, and Andrea Bocelli all sound real and lifelike to me.

I have it on my list, or the DAC-10 front end when it is available.

wellpleased

• Industry Participant
n/a
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2019, 03:24 am by wellpleased »

rustydoglim

The official list price is $2350 USD.  The price will likely go up in 2015.  Come on, a high-end 200Wx2 power amp and full featured DAC (PCM 384, DSD256) at this price is cheap and out of line with the cost  :duh:

marc5656

I've had my IDA 16 since late June & I really it.

I use it on my desktop system with a pair of Gallo Reference Strada 2 speaker plus Gallo TRD 2 bass speaker.

If anyone in the Beverly Hills/ Los Angeles area's would like to hear it, just let me know.

I am not a dealer.
Marc
310 684 0599   msrc5656@gmail.com

Hangaround

Hi Jason,

Can I bi-amp the IDA-16? Say adding a power amp 8.5 V3 via IDA-16's pre-out - using the IDA-16 200WPC to push the LF and 8.5V3 160WPC to push the HF of my speakers?

bh46118

The IDA-16 according to the manual has Smart Home Control commands. A remote for a smart home system would be able to control it, or maybe one of the higher end smart remotes ?

Thanks
Bruce

John Casler

I've had my IDA 16 since late June & I really it.

I use it on my desktop system with a pair of Gallo Reference Strada 2 speaker plus Gallo TRD 2 bass speaker.

If anyone in the Beverly Hills/ Los Angeles area's would like to hear it, just let me know.

I am not a dealer.
Marc
310 684 0599   msrc5656@gmail.com

Thanks Marc,

I love owner audition offers, especially since I am the NuPRIME Dealer for CA.  As our customer base grows, I may start an "Owner Audition" Thread.

John Casler

Hi Jason,

Can I bi-amp the IDA-16? Say adding a power amp 8.5 V3 via IDA-16's pre-out - using the IDA-16 200WPC to push the LF and 8.5V3 160WPC to push the HF of my speakers?

Not Jason, but the answer is YES, you can use the on-board amps and the RCA outs simultaneously for Bi-Amping.

bh46118

You can see what I'm asking about here on page 8 of the manual. Does this allow a smart home control system, or possibly one of the Logitech remotes to control the IDA-16  ?

Bruce

The IDA-16 according to the manual has Smart Home Control commands. A remote for a smart home system would be able to control it, or maybe one of the higher end smart remotes ?

Thanks
Bruce

John Casler

You can see what I'm asking about here on page 8 of the manual. Does this allow a smart home control system, or possibly one of the Logitech remotes to control the IDA-16  ?

Bruce

You should be able to use those codes with "any" remote system that accepts Smart Home Control System Codes.

bh46118

Thanks John

dr.sah

I use Logitech harmony 900, and works fine, over IR.

bh46118

Thanks for the info.

Bruce

I use Logitech harmony 900, and works fine, over IR.

Eugene2

Absolute Sound review of IDA 16 in latest issue