HT3 VERSUS bp7000sc (DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY)

enric pardp

« on: 1 Sep 2005, 11:19 pm »
WOULD APRECIATE YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT IT  AS I NEVER HEARD NONE OF THEM thank you all.

Bob15

Re: HT3 VERSUS bp7000sc (DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY)
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2005, 11:28 pm »
Quote from: enric pardp
WOULD APRECIATE YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT IT  AS I NEVER HEARD NONE OF THEM thank you all.

Very different speakers I would suspect.  Def Tech is known for making speakers which excel in a home theater environment.  Their bi-polar technology fills the room with sound. I believe the 7000 model is their most expensive and has four 6.5" mids, two 1" tweeters and a massive 1800 watt built in 14 inch subwoofer which uses their supercube technology.  I can't imagine they would be very suitable for 2 channel (oe even multi-channel) critical listening (as opposed to movie soundtracks) and perhaps that's a major difference you would need to consider.

John Ashman

• http://forum.adnm.com
« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2005, 11:42 pm »
HT3s are in a different world in terms of driver quality and design.  Far higher precision and resolution.

Bob15

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2005, 12:05 am »
Quote from: John Ashman
HT3s are in a different world in terms of driver quality and design.  Far higher precision and resolution.

Exactly.  That's why if, for example, someone is 100% HT focused,  a speaker like Def Tech may be a more suitable candidate for those blockbuster DVDs or Hi Def Cable movies.  

By the way, I am not at all saying that the HT3s don't kick butt when it comes to reproducing home theater, I'm just saying that they may not be appreciated as much and you may not be extracting the full benefits of these highly regarded speakers in this context.

enric pardp

« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2005, 10:02 am »
thank you  Bob and John,yuor answers are really usefull to me as i really like Jazz,Blues and Classic music and to see films i prefer to go to the cinema so its clear the HT3 would fit much better to my needs.Thanks again from IBIZA ,SPAIN