Members Gallery, Pictures of Salk speakers in members homes

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Members Gallery, Pictures of Salk speakers in members homes
« Reply #300 on: 11 Mar 2017, 01:54 pm »
Nice looking room & setup Tai.  :thumb:  And, as always Jim, outstanding work.  8)

hearditontheX

« Reply #301 on: 12 Mar 2017, 12:59 am »
Beautiful speakers, nice room, great story!
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2017, 12:44 am by hearditontheX »

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
« Reply #302 on: 17 Mar 2017, 12:14 am »
Hi taigovinda...

Beautiful subs there - tell us more about the veneer please?

Thx

taigovinda

« Reply #303 on: 17 Mar 2017, 01:03 am »
Thanks for the comments, guys.

@Miney:  The subs are bamboo with a bit of a reddish tint to it and a sturdy finish.  My pictures don't do justice - they are beautiful.  Jim had advised to go with veneer - which would've looked the same and saved a few dollars - but in the end I went with bamboo plywood instead.  They weigh 160 lbs each; MDF (with veneer) would've been probably more like 250.  Jim had forgot to take pictures before I picked them up; I sent him some that if he can clean up well enough, maybe he will end up putting one on his website.

I did see some veneered speakers while I was at his shop that were really amazing.  It was pretty cool to see them partway through the process and not fully assembled; not sure how they get the veneer onto extreme curves, but they do.

Tai

Bigload

« Reply #304 on: 25 Mar 2017, 06:14 pm »
Home theater/Audio Room with Salk SoundScape 8 front towers, SoundScape 7C center, Salk Rhythmic 15" subs, HT1TL surrounds and custom built wall mounted rear surrounds.  Fronts in spalted bee's wing makore.  Rears in satin black. 

« Last Edit: 20 May 2017, 01:27 pm by Bigload »

taigovinda

« Reply #305 on: 25 Mar 2017, 06:41 pm »
Beautiful, Bigload!  I think I may have seen your mains in person at the Salk shop.  Awesome setup!

benguin

« Reply #306 on: 5 Apr 2017, 02:12 am »
I had been waiting to get some treatments up before posting pics of our prized Salk based system.
When we started a gut and rebuild of an older and problematic (from an audio standpoint) basement, I had no idea it would turn out as well as it did.
Despite a 7' ceiling and a lot of reflective surfaces, it has all come together very nicely, and sounds incredible.

Extra thanks to Jim, Mary, and a great crew!