Owners Audition list.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Re: Owners Audition list.
« Reply #160 on: 12 Feb 2010, 07:02 pm »
Pardon my ignorance on these circles, but how do I find Dennis on the forums ?

-
J

You can usually find me in Glen Echo, MD, between MacArthur Blvd and Mass. Ave.  I have only one HT3 running, however.  Plus a wide variety of SongTowers, HT4's, and HT1 TL's.  PM me if you want to stop by.   cheers. 

jimheard

« Reply #161 on: 15 Feb 2010, 06:57 am »
I'm in San Francisco, and have a pair of Song Towers (standard curly cherry finish) if anyone wants to hear them and doesn't mind my pedestrian electronics (Onkyo 2-channel receiver, Technics CD player).

Best way to reach me: jimheard@comcast.net

jitubats

« Reply #162 on: 18 Feb 2010, 02:44 am »
I had the pleasure to meet Dennis over the weekend. Man what a good impression I had. Dennis is a great guy and such an audiophile.

We listened to the HT4's and the song towers, and 1 HT3. Though all my demo cd's did not work, and I could not take my speakers for ab'ing, which I will do soon.

The HT4's were fairly impressive, and they were huge, and heavy, but above all, I loved the clarity the abilty of them to handle every bit of music we threw at them. Earlier  I was serioulsly considering the 803d's, now I am rethinking :)

More after a little more listening ..
J

K Shep

« Reply #163 on: 18 Feb 2010, 05:19 am »
The HT4's were fairly impressive, and they were huge, and heavy, but above all, I loved the clarity the abilty of them to handle every bit of music we threw at them. Earlier  I was serioulsly considering the 803d's, now I am rethinking :)

I don't mean to be critical of your statement but, fairly impressive?  Compared to what?  I hope the HT4s are very impressive!

jitubats

« Reply #164 on: 22 Feb 2010, 06:26 pm »
I have heard the 803d's and 802d's and they were impressive when compared with these. I have also heard the Canton 890Dc's and i kinda like the cleanness of the Canton's, however I would say that I can give a better answer after i have spent an hour listening to these babies, using my own music.
I am planning to do that soon, am trying to find sometime off on the weekends.
I will keep you guys posted.

_

JB

taoggniklat

« Reply #165 on: 24 Feb 2010, 06:57 pm »
Any Salk owners in the Denver/Boulder area?

inthepit

« Reply #166 on: 26 Feb 2010, 06:30 pm »
Anyone in the Raleigh/Cary North Carolina area?

stlblues

« Reply #167 on: 2 Mar 2010, 09:46 pm »
Anyone in the St. Louis area with the HT2-TL's or the Salk Song Tower's? :drool:

chryses

Owners Audition list
« Reply #168 on: 4 Mar 2010, 06:14 am »
Hey all,

I'd love to listen to the STs or HT2-TL.  I'm in Chicago - seems like Art_Chicago is nearby with STs and I plan to PM him.  Are there any folks near Chicago with HT2s?  If so, please shoot me a PM.

Many thanks!

Art_Chicago

« Reply #169 on: 5 Mar 2010, 01:15 am »
Hey all,

I'd love to listen to the STs or HT2-TL.  I'm in Chicago - seems like Art_Chicago is nearby with STs and I plan to PM him.  Are there any folks near Chicago with HT2s?  If so, please shoot me a PM.

Many thanks!

Yeap, I am in the western suburbs. I believe that Michigan_Mike has HT2-TL, but I am not sure. You are welcome to audition my ST/AVA setup.

sarge_in

« Reply #170 on: 8 Mar 2010, 05:19 pm »
Hello all!

Looking to see if anyone here with Songtowers in Orange County area?  Would love to hear what they sound like.

Thanks!

stew

« Reply #171 on: 15 Mar 2010, 08:47 pm »
I'm in San Francisco. I am a very proud owner of a pair of HT1-TLs. You can see my associated equipment under my profile. I would be happy to host someone who is thinking of this speaker... Please PM me if interested.

Cheers, Stew

taoggniklat

« Reply #172 on: 16 Mar 2010, 03:40 am »
I'm in San Francisco. I am a very proud owner of a pair of HT1-TLs. You can see my associated equipment under my profile. I would be happy to host someone who is thinking of this speaker... Please PM me if interested.

Cheers, Stew

The HT1TL is the floor standing version correct?

K Shep

« Reply #173 on: 16 Mar 2010, 03:43 am »

Cheers, Stew

Stew, I didn't know you live in the City. 

stew

« Reply #174 on: 16 Mar 2010, 03:07 pm »
The HT1TL is the floor standing version correct?

Yes, they are. Kinda like a little brother to the HT2-TL in terms of size.

stew

« Reply #175 on: 16 Mar 2010, 03:09 pm »
Stew, I didn't know you live in the City.

Yup! I'm in Hayes Valley. Love it here.

Saturn94

« Reply #176 on: 16 May 2010, 05:07 am »
I am looking to see if there is anything that would be a worthy upgrade to my current ADS L1290/2 speakers (I've been enjoying them since 1986!).

I would love to audition the SongTower QWT, HT2, and HT3.  I'm in the Hampton Roads area of VA (southeastern VA, specifically in Hampton, VA).  Any owners near me?

ctouhey

« Reply #177 on: 17 May 2010, 05:03 am »
I am looking to see if there is anything that would be a worthy upgrade to my current ADS L1290/2 speakers (I've been enjoying them since 1986!).

I would love to audition the SongTower QWT, HT2, and HT3.  I'm in the Hampton Roads area of VA (southeastern VA, specifically in Hampton, VA).  Any owners near me?

I've got a pair of 1290's that have been in storage for 10+ years.  And, I got some HT3s.  If you get by Houston, let me know.  System is calibrated for the Salks but could try the ADSs for fun.

Chris

Saturn94

« Reply #178 on: 17 May 2010, 02:31 pm »
I've got a pair of 1290's that have been in storage for 10+ years.  And, I got some HT3s.  If you get by Houston, let me know.  System is calibrated for the Salks but could try the ADSs for fun.

Chris

Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate the offer.

I know 10 years is a long time, but do you have a sense of how the HT3s compare to the 1290s?

ctouhey

« Reply #179 on: 17 May 2010, 07:10 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate the offer.

I know 10 years is a long time, but do you have a sense of how the HT3s compare to the 1290s?

It's been too long to remember, and I'm too busy at the moment to get them out of storage and set them up.  I know the HT3s have a lower base response.  And, while the 1290s were very accurate and netural, the quality of the drivers were much less than those used in the HT3s.  I loved the 1290s, mind you, but HT3s are in a completely different class.  Song Towers might be a better comparision, but I've never heard any Song Towers.

Contact Jim and see if there are any owners in your area.  Someone will probably let you audition Salks.

Chris