LA Audio Show

bmoura

LA Audio Show
« on: 26 May 2017, 02:25 am »
Will Lampizator be showing their DACs at the upcoming LA Audio Show? 
Didn't see you on the exhibit list.

http://www.laaudioshow.com/exhibitorlist

Gopher

Re: LA Audio Show
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2017, 02:40 am »
Hi Brian,

Hope you've been well, my friend.

Sadly we won't be able to attend this show.  My son's birthday is June 4th and I can't keep missing it every year--total bummer as I love Cali.

Though we aren't formally a room partner, we will have a very nice, current spec Golden Gate DAC in the Von Schweikert room which will be a wonderful setup to check out.

Fred

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2017, 05:27 am »
Too bad.  I was hoping to maybe see you there Fred.

Gopher

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2017, 02:14 pm »
Ditto...  I missed you at AXPONA, bud! 

Stoagies with Sonny weren't the same without you.  :lol:

kernelbob

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2017, 04:56 pm »
Regarding the LA audio show and Lampizator, I was at Axpona and got to hear the Lampizator Golden Gate DAC in the Von Schweikert room feeding their Ultra-11 speakers.  Having the opportunity to hear the system with LP, tape, and the GG as input is a great opportunity to hear just how great is the Golden Gate.  The tape and GG sources sounded amazingly similar.  The LP system had it's own signature, different in the bass.

The Golden Gate had no, repeat no, digital artifacts.  I watched the attendees have to look over at the source rack to see if the tape reels were turning to see if they were hearing tapes or the Lampi.

I also have a balanced Golden Gate.  One thing I've found is that applying tube dampers to both the regulator and the four output tubes cleans up spurious vibrations originating in the tube envelopes.  Once I applied a set of three for the regulator and two for each output tube, the soundstage became more transparent, while improving the dynamics and resolution.  I use damping rings from Herbies Audio Lab.  I've used them over the years on a variety of tube equipment, always to much benefit.  Unlike the soft o-ring type of products, which tend to store energy and then release it later, there is no smearing of the sound with these damping rings.

Fortunately, VSA's GG and mine have the same tube configuration, so I took the dampers to the show.  Once they were installed on the GG, the VSA team kept them in place for the duration.

Anyway, as Fred said, you'll have a chance to hear a nice Golden Gate at the LA show.  Well worth the visit.

Best,
Robert
« Last Edit: 26 May 2017, 11:39 pm by kernelbob »

bmoura

« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2017, 10:41 am »
Hi Brian,

Hope you've been well, my friend.

Sadly we won't be able to attend this show.  My son's birthday is June 4th and I can't keep missing it every year--total bummer as I love Cali.

Though we aren't formally a room partner, we will have a very nice, current spec Golden Gate DAC in the Von Schweikert room which will be a wonderful setup to check out.

Fred

Thanks for the heads up on the Von Schweikert room at the LA Audio Show. 
I'll plan to drop by and have a listen to their Golden Gate setup.