Home away from home

HT cOz

Home away from home
« on: 8 May 2017, 03:43 am »
I've managed to assemble a bare bones system in my home away from home... Chennai India.  I'll be here for a few years so this system will have to do for now.  I have to admit I'm always a bit shocked how well WOW1 sound given their small size.  It's nice to be playing some tunes again...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Big Red Machine

Re: Home away from home
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2017, 10:57 am »
Did you adjust your balance? Seems your electrons are tipped to the left speaker....

HT cOz

« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2017, 11:25 am »
Did you adjust your balance? Seems your electrons are tipped to the left speaker....

Ha yes, technically it should fit but unless I want to take the amp apart and rebuild it in the cabinet it is going to be a bit unbalanced.  Sometimes just getting something working is good enough.  LOL...  I bought the modest Marantz amp on my last business trip to London. 

To a degree, I'm just happy to have some tunes to play on a decent setup.

Nick77

« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2017, 12:18 pm »
Congrats Robert, I can totally relate after having a 3 month broken amp ordeal.  :thumb:

Hope you get back to Texas soon!

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2017, 02:52 pm »
Nice set-up!

mcgsxr

« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2017, 07:13 pm »
You are WAY south of where I spent my time in India in the mid 90's.  I was way up in the Himalaya and due to the enormity of the country, I did not ever make it down to the coastal area you are spending some time.

Enjoy the spicy food (if you do like that sort of thing).  I did for sure.

And nice traveling setup!