Price Adjustments coming June 1st

jsalk

Price Adjustments coming June 1st
« on: 4 May 2017, 08:11 pm »
We have not adjusted our speaker pricing over the past three years.  During that time, parts costs have risen and we covered the difference.  But it is time to take a look at pricing and adjust items where necessary.

What models will be affected and what increases are likely?  We don't know at this time and probably won't until near the end of the month.  But I would say that Song3 models will go up a bit since we now have a history to work with.

We thought it would be appreciated if we announced this in advance so that individuals contemplating a purchase would at least be aware of it.

Thanks for your consideration,

- Jim

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Price Adjustments coming June 1st
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2017, 12:24 am »
Well, hmm.

I guess I've got a couple pertinent questions for you, Jim.

How long does it take to build a pair of Song3-Encores with Koa veneer (or similar) to be ready for delivery (factor in current order backlog)?

Once a pair of speakers is finished, can you store them until the customer can take delivery?

You already know of my keen interest in another pair of speakers. There's still a possibility I may opt for floorstanding speakers instead of the monitors. Timing is a big factor for me.

Michael

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #2 on: 5 May 2017, 12:41 am »
Once a pair of speakers is finished, can you store them until the customer can take delivery?

Michael

I just want to throw this out there... Since Salk is close by I could store those for you..... I could even pick them up from Jim..  No charge... They may be broken in by the time you're ready for them though...................

I would.. I mean, you should go for the floorstanding  speakers...

Just tryin to help a brother out! :green:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 5 May 2017, 05:19 am »
Bob,

I appreciate your offer. However, you may have to arm wrestle Aldcoll for the honor.  :D

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 5 May 2017, 05:40 am »
Hi,

In my experience it takes up to 3 months from the time of placing an order and paying a deposit to receive a pair of speakers.  I've bought Salk Sound HT2's, rhythmic subwoofer and HT3's which have all been shipped to Perth, Western Australia.  There may be other companies which sell directly that you are considering but Salk Sound has a long consistent record of delivering good quality/value products to customers.  I've been following Salk Sound since its inception and I've read one negative post where a customer was not happy with a bamboo finish on his speakers.  Jim fixed this issue for the customer as soon as he heard of the problem.

I would certainly buy from Jim again.  The Song 3A's seem to offer over the top value and performance as the accuton midrange drivers are top end in my experience.

Cheers Rod