Moving to Denver & freaking out about movers handling my Supercharged STs

TKonrad.NOLA

Any tips and/or advice?  I kept all my packing material.  Of course the move is fully insured but don't want to even think about having to deal with that.

Folsom

Use your own vehicle...

TomS

Jim ships these all over the world, shouldn't be a problem.

TKonrad.NOLA

Jim, I trust.  Moving company makes me nervous

TomS

I've found the loaders and unloaders to be slightly gentler when they understood a generous tip would be forthcoming if they just did their job properly. Otherwise why not just ship them, which is what Jim does  :)

charmerci

Use your own vehicle...

...small U-Haul trailer one-way with hand cart.

GregC

When I moved to Highlands Ranch just outside Denver I hauled all my things that I did not want the movers to handle, such as my stereo system and artwork.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!

I highly doubt good movers will be rougher on your speakers than UPS or FedEX is.

I have moved three times and each time the movers did an excellent job.

Just pack the speakers and you will be fine.

Good luck.

George

Doublej

Ship them separately using the shipper that Jim uses?  :scratch:

Big Red Machine

Can you wait until October? Have Jim bring them to RMAF in his trailer.

martinr

If you cant move them yourself pack them well.  Tell the shipper or moving company they are fragile and watch where they put them in the truck...nothing on top of the speakers or other stereo gear is my recommendation.  If you can put a table or other furniture over the speakers in the truck that is one way to protect them.......I have done this on moves before and it has worked out fine.    Good luck and Welcome to Colorado!  :D

Charles Calkins

You got that right Bro. I shipped a pair of speakers to a buyer in Iowa by UPS. One of them got damaged. Luckily the buyer bought insurance.
   If you have the original shipping boxes might not be a problem.

Cheers
                                                                    Charlie

brubacca

In my 2 moves I moved my audio equipment myself. 

Miney

• Free your mind... and your ass will follow
Just do it.

undertowogt1

I will not trust a moving company to move any of my belonging let alone my stereo gear. In my opinion nobody care for your belongings as much as you do.

Charles Calkins

Any tips and/or advice?  I kept all my packing material.  Of course the move is fully insured but don't want to even think about having to deal with that.

Hi Guy:
     I know you are moving to Denver but from where? Maybe I got some Buds that can help.

Cheers
                                                   Charlie

Wig

I've move twice to Europe but I packed all of my electronics and speakers but I did let the movers load the equipment into the crates.

Wig

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
I have 80 pound commissioned floor standing speakers that I personally have helped to move (U-haul from the builder's house in Arkansas and minivan when we moved from one house to another a year later).  Tips can only work if it's the same guys for the entire trip.

Rocket

Hi,

Jim's packaging is pretty good.  I had HT2's shipped to Australia using his regular packing and no problems at all.

Good luck

Rod

billmcc

As has all ready been stated a moving company will show much more care than UPS or FedEx. When shipping with UPS or FedEx the boxes would be moved on and off of different trucks and handled by many different people. With a mover they would be loaded on the truck then off loaded at your new location. If packed properly I see no issues at all using the moving company. Plus why pay the additional cost to UPS or FedEx to have the speakers shipped when you're already paying the moving company.

I've received two pairs of used Salk speakers (1801 TLs and HT2-TLs) and sold a set of SongTowers/Song Center recently. FedEx Ground was used for all of these shipments and there was not a single issue with any speakers.

Bill