Speaker cables for salk speakers

4n6

Speaker cables for salk speakers
« on: 6 Mar 2017, 04:05 am »
Are there any speaker cables that will complement Salk speakers without influencing the sound?  Thanks for any advice. 

srb

Re: Speaker cables for salk speakers
« Reply #1 on: 6 Mar 2017, 07:24 am »
Without knowing what model speakers and amplifier I would say the Nordost Odin 2;)

A better answer might be based on knowing the specific models.  But I think you'll find that you will likely get an assortment of different recommendations from people with the same or similar combination.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #2 on: 6 Mar 2017, 11:54 am »
Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme are working for me these days. Lots of body and tone to them.

johzel

« Reply #3 on: 6 Mar 2017, 02:06 pm »
Currently using WyWires with great satisfaction.  Used Kimber Kables before - was pleased with those as well.

mick wolfe

« Reply #4 on: 6 Mar 2017, 03:43 pm »
Are there any speaker cables that will complement Salk speakers without influencing the sound?  Thanks for any advice.

What's the model of the Salk speaker and what's your budget?  FWIW, the Graphene Extreme's mentioned are getting a lot of good press if they fit your budget. My favorite in a less expensive category is the CRL Bronze. CRL is no longer around, but I believe the cable is available thru Twisted Pair Design.

Denverhifi

« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2017, 05:04 pm »
My Songtowers are three years old. Last month, I replaced a set of Morrow SP5 cables with Shunyata Venom cables. Both cables improved and complemented my system. How could a cable improve, but not complement a speaker?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 6 Mar 2017, 05:22 pm »
Pretty much every speaker is capable of reproducing more than we can cleanly deliver to it. So we should give them as best a chance to deliver all of that information. Some topologies of cable allow more of the sounds to flow unrestricted and naturally than others.

sfox7076

« Reply #7 on: 6 Mar 2017, 05:26 pm »
I got a pair of Dana Cable Saphires and have not looked back.  Better than any other I have heard, but they are huge...

Big Red Machine

« Reply #8 on: 6 Mar 2017, 09:31 pm »
I got a pair of Dana Cable Saphires and have not looked back.  Better than any other I have heard, but they are huge...

What exactly are they made of?

Frans

• Has anyone seen my last marble?
« Reply #9 on: 24 Mar 2017, 10:24 pm »
I use Blue Jeans 5T00UP White jacket, 10 AWG cables.

They are inexpensive and especially cost-effective for longer runs or surround systems. I got a 200ft spool and went to town with custom lengths.

billmcc

« Reply #10 on: 25 Mar 2017, 12:52 pm »
I use Signal Cable Ultra speaker cables. Bought them used at a significant discount. Excellent build quality and Frank at Signal Cable is excellent to deal with.

http://signalcable.com/ultraspeaker.html

Bill

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #11 on: 25 Mar 2017, 01:49 pm »
How long of runs and what is the impedance of the speakers?  16 gauge would be sufficient in most cases, it's really no more than simple science.  And pick good connectors (I prefer locking bananas).  Don't sweat the rest.  Monoprice or Blue Jean are both adequate. 

Frank Van Alstine brings his 1 inch diameter rope speaker cable to shows.  That demonstrates how much he believes in fancy wire.

If you want to be anal about it, find out what Jim used inside the cabinet and match it outside the cabinet.