Respect

funkmonkey

Respect
« on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:34 am »
OK  I have not been "active" in a very long time, but I have had the opportunity lately to "listen" to my Salk speakers again (at a much higher volume than I am normally able) and I must reiterate how much they sincerely KICK ASS!!!!!
So...  utmost respect to Jim and crew for keeping me satisfied for so many years.
Hope you all are well.

CHEERS!
Greg

dB Cooper

Re: Respect
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2017, 04:18 am »
Umm... Great, but which Salks do you have and what is in the rest of your system? Inquiring minds want to know.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2017, 04:27 am »
Umm... Great, but which Salks do you have and what is in the rest of your system? Inquiring minds want to know.

If current, it is listed on his system info - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=systems;area=browse;system=1250

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 9 Feb 2017, 04:53 am »
Good to see you back funkmonkey.  :thumb:  Nuance drops in every now & then. I'm still enjoying my STs, acquired as a direct result of your, Nuance, & Craigsub's 'speaker search' thread lo those many years ago now, over 'there'. Still appreciate the effort you guys put in to make me aware of what a special gentleman Jim is, and the work his team does.

Thanks Greg. Thanks Jim for the years of listening enjoyment.

JD

Kinger

« Reply #4 on: 9 Feb 2017, 02:00 pm »
I'm in the same boat funkmonkey.  Had not listened to my ST/RT's in a while due to life getting in the way, but had the opportunity take in an extended listening session just the other day and once again am amazed by the sound quality they produce.  Every time I think I should upgrade to something else in Jim's lineup, I come back to how great my current sound is and how well the ST's just work given my current listening space.

funkmonkey

« Reply #5 on: 14 Feb 2017, 06:08 pm »
If current, it is listed on his system info - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=systems;area=browse;system=1250

Yup still current (Thanks Phil)...  haven't made any changes in the home system in ages...  been playing around in the headphone world a little =)

funkmonkey

« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2017, 06:15 pm »
Good to see you back funkmonkey.  :thumb:  Nuance drops in every now & then. I'm still enjoying my STs, acquired as a direct result of your, Nuance, & Craigsub's 'speaker search' thread lo those many years ago now, over 'there'. Still appreciate the effort you guys put in to make me aware of what a special gentleman Jim is, and the work his team does.

Thanks Greg. Thanks Jim for the years of listening enjoyment.

JD

Cheers JD...  glad to have been of service! That was a fun time, I feel lucky to have been involved with a such great group of guys.

funkmonkey

« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2017, 06:17 pm »
I'm in the same boat funkmonkey.  Had not listened to my ST/RT's in a while due to life getting in the way, but had the opportunity take in an extended listening session just the other day and once again am amazed by the sound quality they produce.  Every time I think I should upgrade to something else in Jim's lineup, I come back to how great my current sound is and how well the ST's just work given my current listening space.

Salk Signature Sound...  the gift that keeps on giving!

funkmonkey

« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2017, 06:31 pm »

and just to respond directly.  I have a pair of HT3s driven by a Parasound Halo A-51, Modwright LS 36.5 pre-amp, Modwright Transporter streaming FLAC (up to 24/192) from an iMac...  (all hard wired)

Thats 99% of my listening (at least when at home, and excluding headphones).  Every once in a while I will stream something from the net or pop in a CD.
System does great for music, and throw my matching center channel and a pair of surrounds that Jim hooked me up with and the whole thing leaves very little to be desired when watching a Blu-ray (bypassing the Modwright gear, running through a PS3 and Dennon AVR which powers the surrounds)

:D  Cheers