Ordered salk song 3 yesterday

billmcc

Re: Ordered salk song 3 yesterday
« Reply #20 on: 28 Oct 2016, 05:15 pm »
I have not seen any of the wood veneered speakers I could not live with. I am a wood working junkie and love all of mother natures beauties. Jim and his team are able to find the best of them and turn them into a work of art. I need to wear a bib when I look through the galleries of pictures.

The pictures of Salk speakers really do not do them justice! I have four pairs of Salk speakers (HT2-TLs, 1801-TLs, SongTowers and Song Surround Is) and the finish of all of them are incredible :)!

Bill

boniccie

« Reply #21 on: 28 Oct 2016, 10:37 pm »
I have no doubt that my walnut Burst finish will look gorgeous

boniccie

« Reply #22 on: 30 Oct 2016, 03:46 am »
I will be using anthem integrated 225 with my Salk song 3 thoughts anyone? The Dan

gnostalgick

« Reply #23 on: 30 Oct 2016, 12:44 pm »
Haven't heard it, but looking at reviews & specs, they should be a good match; I'd guess especially so on dynamic or bass-heavy tracks.

Bubba12

« Reply #24 on: 30 Oct 2016, 11:17 pm »
I have ordered Song3's also. They should be done in a couple weeks. I had the pleasure of seeing where the speakers are built because i live locally. It's quite impressive. I heard the speakers at Axpona and fell in love with the sound.

boniccie

« Reply #25 on: 31 Oct 2016, 03:10 am »
Bubba, which finish did you ordered? Let me know what you think of the song3 when you get them. I will not get mine till end of January of 2017. Daniel

ar250

« Reply #26 on: 4 Nov 2016, 06:31 pm »
How much extra is the Silver paint finish ?

Bubba12

« Reply #27 on: 4 Nov 2016, 09:03 pm »
I think it was called cherry with black dye burst.  We pulled up the website on the company computer and looked through pictures and pointed to a color. Lol. I will be sure to chime in when I get them. It says 52%  complete but I'm  hoping they are behind on updating the site. I'm at 75 days right now.  No worries though.

boniccie

« Reply #28 on: 6 Nov 2016, 05:14 pm »
bubba, please post updates and pictures after you receive your song3. i cant wait to hear your first  impression  :icon_lol:

gregcss

« Reply #29 on: 6 Nov 2016, 05:20 pm »
Hopefully they will be done and shipped any day now...hoping before thanksgiving holiday. I'm rooting for that anyway.  :thumb:

davidavdavid

• Music lover first, gear head second.
    • david.com
« Reply #30 on: 3 Dec 2016, 02:56 pm »
Just recently learned about Salk speakers and having heard very good things from people I trust, I spoke with Jim Salk directly about his line of speakers and after a good deal of discussion he had me take a look/consider the Song3 speakers. At first I was on to him about the Veracity ST speakers but given my tastes, predilections, history and current speakers:  Audio Physic Tempo IIIi floor standers, the Song3  3-way ported design would be a better fit than  the Veracity ST 2-way transmission line design.

The price point of Salk speakers is astonishing and matched only by the available quality finishes and seemingly limitless options.

johzel

« Reply #31 on: 3 Dec 2016, 06:02 pm »
Hopefully they will be done and shipped any day now...hoping before thanksgiving holiday. I'm rooting for that anyway.  :thumb:

Just curious, did yours ship?  I was hoping Thanksgiving too . . . and am now hoping by Christmas. 

johzel

« Reply #32 on: 20 Dec 2016, 03:58 am »
Currently, I also have a pair of Song3's being built - sort of.  Using the AT driver for the midrange and a beryllium tweeter.  Really looking forward to their delivery  :) 

Expecting my new speakers to be completed soon.  In anticipation I have changed my amplifier.  I ordered a new Exogal Ion Amp to pair with my Comet DAC.  Here's the cool part. Instead of simply shipping the amp to me the company's CEO drove down from the Twin Cities today to personally deliver and set-up the amplifier with its mate, the Comet. And then he drove home (5 hours each way). Looking forward to hearing the Exogal front end with the Salks.  I really think this is going to be a marvelous pairing . . . here's a picture of the Exogal Comet/Ion combo.

« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2016, 07:22 am by johzel »

Bubba12

« Reply #33 on: 22 Dec 2016, 01:35 am »
I'll be following for your thoughts on the ION. I have a Comet.

johzel

« Reply #34 on: 23 Dec 2016, 10:00 pm »
I'll be following for your thoughts on the ION. I have a Comet.

Looks like my new Salks will ship next week.  Then I'll have some serious listening to do.  But I can say this, in the meanwhile the Ion/Comet and my little Gallo monitors are sounding pretty darn nice.  The imaging, dynamics, micro details, speed etc. are exceptional.  And the combo is dead black quiet. My immediate response is that anyone with a Comet can't go wrong by adding the Ion with the exception of when more power is required - I am definitely happy that I did.  Quite the amazing pair.  If you haven't yet read the review at Dagogo you might want to start there. http://www.dagogo.com/exogal-ion-powerdac-review

mdean109

« Reply #35 on: 10 Jan 2017, 10:49 pm »
Have you received them yet? I looked through this thread but didn't see a post that they arrived. Or have they arrived and you haven't turned off your system since?  :D

johzel

« Reply #36 on: 10 Jan 2017, 11:35 pm »
Have you received them yet? I looked through this thread but didn't see a post that they arrived. Or have they arrived and you haven't turned off your system since?  :D

I have.  And they're spectacular.  The Song3 BEAT's and Exogal equipment together are the best I've owned.  I'm not a reviewer so I don't know that I have the "skills" to write an effective review on either.  But I think I have a pretty good ear and I couldn't be happier.  Here's the thread for the new speakers.  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=147571.0

boniccie

« Reply #37 on: 21 Jan 2017, 03:37 pm »
Bubba, any update on your speakers? looks like mine will definetly take over 3 months to complete. i ordered them around Oct 20th and the project Tracker showing 3 coats are now completed. i am Sure Jim is super busy and his speakers are well worth the WAIT

Woodsman

« Reply #38 on: 22 Jan 2017, 04:21 pm »
Mine showed 64% done for the longest time, and then they were done. The wait did seem longer than originally thought too, but IT IS worth the wait. Good to know Jim and the crew are as busy as they are. If mine sound as good as they look, I will be in audio nirvana.

boniccie

« Reply #39 on: 22 Jan 2017, 04:56 pm »
woodsman, I agree with your quote about Jim wood work. superbfinish and sound