any updates on wireless speaker systems?

albireo13

any updates on wireless speaker systems?
« on: 4 Sep 2016, 01:01 pm »
I currently have a SONOS system and have moved to a much smaller house.  I want higher fidelity audio than I am getting
from my SONOS speakers but, my main room is not layed out well for wiring speakers and an amp arrangement.
I'm looking for a step up in audio quality from SONOS.
IIRC, Salk was working on wireless speakers in the past.  Any updates?

Any other good candidates?

nyc_paramedic

Re: any updates on wireless speaker systems?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2016, 01:12 pm »
I currently have a SONOS system and have moved to a much smaller house.  I want higher fidelity audio than I am getting
from my SONOS speakers but, my main room is not layed out well for wiring speakers and an amp arrangement.
I'm looking for a step up in audio quality from SONOS.
IIRC, Salk was working on wireless speakers in the past.  Any updates?

Any other good candidates?

I would really look at Jim's PowerPlay speakers with the addition of a Google Chromecast Audio or other small external wireless adapter. With an external adapter the speaker does not become obsolete if the manufacturer stops supporting it.

The PowerPlay really is an incredible package for a smaller space. I had the pleasue of spending some time with them at our coffee shop.

Nick

jsalk

Re: any updates on wireless speaker systems?
« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2016, 02:57 pm »
I would really look at Jim's PowerPlay speakers with the addition of a Google Chromecast Audio or other small external wireless adapter. With an external adapter the speaker does not become obsolete if the manufacturer stops supporting it.

The PowerPlay really is an incredible package for a smaller space. I had the pleasue of spending some time with them at our coffee shop.

Nick

I agree.  No preamp, amp or DAC required.  And Audio Chromecast (free with PowerPlay monitors) will allow you to stream wirelessly to the Monitors.

- Jim