channel
Wow what a weekend event!
Daytona today, Moto GP tommorrow.
Gives me shivers.
As only a veteran can appreciate.

loki1957

Re: motorcycle racing on speed
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2007, 08:19 pm »
Will Niki be able to defend his title or will Valentino be back? My money is on Vali.

Luigi

• Busa doing the business
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2007, 09:38 pm »
I saw the first motogp race last night. Stoner won, his first MotoGP win i think. Rossi nipped at his heels the whole way, but the Ducati simply crushed the Yamaha on the main straight.  It must have been demoralising for Vali; he'd nip past Stoner on one of the left handers, then get mowed down on the straightaway. Despite his slight speed advantage, Stoner deserved the win. Naturally, Jorge took out the 250 race. De Angeles a decent second.

loki1957

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2007, 09:57 pm »
Hey Luigi, no giving results till we in the States get to see it. Your a day ahead. Hopefully I will forget who one between now and tomorrow.

tdangelo

« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2007, 12:56 am »
I've been to the races in Daytona the last 27 years since I lived in Daytona an then moved to St. Aug about 50 miles away.  I didn't go this year ;(  I sold my 06 Triumph Speed Triple a couple months ago and bought some Supratek Burgundy amps instead, hehehe..  I still love MC's but after having owned 34 different bikes it was always kinda the same thing every time - wo-hooo for about 5 minutes then same same.....  The roads in Florida are SOOOO boring and as the years progress more and more people move here - its DANGEROUS!  I get my endorphin release with music now-a-days ;)  I did record the races on Tivo though ;)  At least I have my friends Ducati 749S stored in my garage - I get to look at it every day ;)  Kinda eases the feelings, hehehe...

Tony

Luigi

• Busa doing the business
« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2007, 11:54 pm »
Lokl1957: Apologies if I gave the game away. Actually, I watched it live. It wasn't a delayed telecast. And I didn't comment until the next day anyway. Do you not get the live feed of the MotoGP? The timing is always bad for our side of the planet - I watched the race at 2am - except when MotoGP is in Aussie, and we tend to make the trip across for that.They negotiating to get MotoGP in New Zealand. Cant wait for that. Dont know why they dont try to get superbikes either. The racing is every bit as good.

loki1957

« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2007, 11:24 pm »
I don't know why but WSB just isn't as exciting to me as Moto GP. The 2 races from Philip Island were very good especially the 2nd one. AMA Super Bike to me is a real yawn. It's all about Mat Mladin. If he's so good why didn't he ever go WSB or Moto GP.We cam only hope that the racing in Moto GP is as good as the 1st race. Looks like Vali might have his hands full with Ducati. I'd love to see him riding a Ducati before his career is over.

Oh yea, apologies accepted Luigi

Greg Erskine

« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2007, 05:41 am »
Mat Mladin raced in the 500 Grand Prix for one or two years if I remember correctly - Cagivas.

I think he might have had a bit of a "chip on his shoulder" in his youger days and I heard a rumour that Barry Sheen wasn't a big fan of his i.e. career over.

regards