Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release

Marius

Re: Manic Moose (S2) - BDP's third major firmware release
« Reply #1880 on: 22 Jul 2016, 06:21 am »
Sure, lol.

Though not with Tidal.... and my Roon setup is still analyzing my library. Half way there...Enjoying the BBC Proms streams, looking forward to Bayreuth live in a few days, summer is here!
Almost makes us forget the world around us....

Cheerup, Marius

Marius,

Are you having FUN yet?   :lol:

So much musik, so little time.....

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #1881 on: 22 Jul 2016, 10:30 am »
Sure, lol.

...Enjoying the BBC Proms streams, looking forward to Bayreuth live in a few days, summer is here!
Almost makes us forget the world around us....

Cheerup, Marius

Almost true.  Musik can sometimes soften the world 'round us.

Rod_S

« Reply #1882 on: 22 Jul 2016, 11:27 pm »
Is there a trick to getting the back cover art to show? I decided to give this a try and labelled the files Back.jpg. When I tap on the image the front cover image disappears and a Bryston placeholder shows up instead of the back image. I can see that it knows about the file as I see the name pop up but it's not loading.

Marius

« Reply #1883 on: 23 Jul 2016, 07:25 am »
Is there a trick to getting the back cover art to show? I decided to give this a try and labelled the files Back.jpg. When I tap on the image the front cover image disappears and a Bryston placeholder shows up instead of the back image. I can see that it knows about the file as I see the name pop up but it's not loading.

No trick. Just small caps? I seem to remember that from before, not sure though . Works here.

Cheers Marius

Rod_S

« Reply #1884 on: 23 Jul 2016, 04:27 pm »
No trick. Just small caps? I seem to remember that from before, not sure though . Works here.

Cheers Marius

What do you mean by small caps?

Marius

« Reply #1885 on: 23 Jul 2016, 06:09 pm »
What do you mean by small caps?

Try back.jpg instead of Back.jpg

myview

« Reply #1886 on: 24 Jul 2016, 07:28 am »
Sorry I don't mean to derail the thread but since a few posters (including me) were exchanging ideas on organising our music files (especially for classical music), I thought I'd mention a company I have heard of a few times: http://musichi.eu/index.php/en/musichisuite

The claimed features look cool but I have not tried the free trial version.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #1887 on: 25 Jul 2016, 08:24 am »
... small caps...

That is "lowercase" in het Engels... :)

Marius

« Reply #1888 on: 25 Jul 2016, 08:31 am »
That is "lowercase" in het Engels... :)

:oops: :oops: :duh:
Pardon me please..
Must have been warm that day.

Marius

vklyushnikov

« Reply #1889 on: 1 Aug 2016, 05:46 pm »
Hi, I just turned on BDP-2 and noticed a little glitch in Roon Ready mode - a song title on BDP screen is overwritten with "BDP_POLL" word. I sure it wasn't there yesterday  - hope the issue is easy to catch.

Krutsch

« Reply #1890 on: 7 Aug 2016, 07:29 pm »
See the attached image:

I just added Diana Panton's "Red" to my library. Artist View is showing the correct songs under Diana Panton, but with Taylor Swift's "Red" as the album cover.

I know I've reported this issue before, with examples of albums called "Greatest Hits" all using the first located album art for an album called Greatest Hits for ALL albums with the same title.

EDIT: it gets better... see the attached image #2:

...clicking on the PLAY button in Artist View incorrectly enqueues Taylor Swift's version of Red, not Diana Panton's version.

Rod_S

« Reply #1891 on: 7 Aug 2016, 08:41 pm »
I came across a similar thing with 2 of my albums by different artists having the same album name, Godsmack and Dream Theater's Awake albums, apparently it's a known issue. The only solution is to modify the name of one of the albums. Very annoying and hopefully gets fixed.

XMAN

« Reply #1892 on: 7 Aug 2016, 10:13 pm »
Off topic i know but i have been pulling my hair out trying to find info on how to get album art to work on MPaD any direction would be appreciated. I try a variety of file names with no luck. 

Krutsch

« Reply #1893 on: 8 Aug 2016, 12:30 am »
I came across a similar thing with 2 of my albums by different artists having the same album name, Godsmack and Dream Theater's Awake albums, apparently it's a known issue. The only solution is to modify the name of one of the albums. Very annoying and hopefully gets fixed.

I did that with my collection of albums called "Greatest Hits", but I'm done renaming/re-tagging my files to accommodate Manic Moose.

I'm mostly using Soundirok on my iPad, which has none of these issues and even lets me view my PDF booklets, among a few other things I like.

I mostly just report these issues when I use Manic Moose as a courtesy to Bryston.

XMAN

« Reply #1894 on: 8 Aug 2016, 12:42 am »
I did that with my collection of albums called "Greatest Hits", but I'm done renaming/re-tagging my files to accommodate Manic Moose.

I'm mostly using Soundirok on my iPad, which has none of these issues and even lets me view my PDF booklets, among a few other things I like.

I mostly just report these issues when I use Manic Moose as a courtesy to Bryston.

I was able to get mm to recognize everything but MPaD is another matter thanks for the Soundirok tip I presume it doesn't effect the sound quality?

Krutsch

« Reply #1895 on: 8 Aug 2016, 04:53 am »
I was able to get mm to recognize everything but MPaD is another matter thanks for the Soundirok tip I presume it doesn't effect the sound quality?

No. It's just another front-end client app for MPD, similar to MPaD and MPDroid.

Krutsch

« Reply #1896 on: 10 Aug 2016, 05:58 am »

I just added Diana Panton's "Red" to my library. Artist View is showing the correct songs under Diana Panton, but with Taylor Swift's "Red" as the album cover.

I know I've reported this issue before, with examples of albums called "Greatest Hits" all using the first located album art for an album called Greatest Hits for ALL albums with the same title.

...clicking on the PLAY button in Artist View incorrectly enqueues Taylor Swift's version of Red, not Diana Panton's version.

FYI...

With the new BETA build, the Artist View is still displaying the wrong album cover (as reported above); however, it DOES enqueue the correct album for playback.

I cleared my browser cache, reset the Bryston DB and manually removed all of the bdp_front_*.jpg files before rebuilding the database.

S2.29 2016-08-09
Build: Manic Moose
MPD: 0.19.12 NEWS
Kernel: 3.16-0.bpo.2-486

Krutsch

« Reply #1897 on: 12 Aug 2016, 12:37 pm »
FYI ... latest BETA build made the album issue worse. I now have lots of missing album art in the Artist View, even after wiping all bdp_front_* files and resetting the Bryston DB.

It seems to be back to the issue I previously reported of albums with any special chars are no longer generating a cover for Artist View.

S2.29 2016-08-11
COPYRIGHT BRYSTON LTD. 2010

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #1898 on: 12 Aug 2016, 03:04 pm »
FYI ... latest BETA build made the album issue worse. I now have lots of missing album art in the Artist View, even after wiping all bdp_front_* files and resetting the Bryston DB.

It seems to be back to the issue I previously reported of albums with any special chars are no longer generating a cover for Artist View.

S2.29 2016-08-11
COPYRIGHT BRYSTON LTD. 2010

This really isn't very useful, realistically the BDP needs to be in service mode and email me the service id.

Cheers,
Chris

Krutsch

« Reply #1899 on: 15 Aug 2016, 02:58 am »
This really isn't very useful, realistically the BDP needs to be in service mode and email me the service id.

Cheers,
Chris

I PM'd you a service ID, on Friday, but I'm going to revert to the last stable release and just "enjoy the music". I won't spend any more time checking for beta releases and reporting issues.

Thanks.