Welcome to NEAR!

Ronm1

• "A Bug!! Naa...thats a feature!
Re: Welcome to NEAR!
« Reply #40 on: 1 Dec 2010, 11:47 pm »
NH here.  Didn't know of the thread till today!!

Phoca

« Reply #41 on: 2 Dec 2010, 12:59 am »
Ronm1,
Anywhere near the seacoast?

Ronm1

• "A Bug!! Naa...thats a feature!
« Reply #42 on: 2 Dec 2010, 01:40 am »
Ronm1,
Anywhere near the seacoast?
Nashua

Ericus Rex

« Reply #43 on: 2 Dec 2010, 01:02 pm »
NH here.  Didn't know of the thread till today!!

It's pretty dead in here.  Care to liven it up?

Phoca

« Reply #44 on: 2 Dec 2010, 02:11 pm »
I'm all ears  :lol:  Ronm1 and others, I'll let this list know if/when my barn is finished and can be used for listening.  But I may need input on room treatments.

Haoleb

« Reply #45 on: 18 Dec 2010, 11:40 pm »
New Guy here! Moved to Maine (Yarmouth area) about 5 months ago from Hawaii and im starting to get the audio bug again. I had to sell off my speakers and custom subwoofers I built when I left Hawaii but managed to keep most of my electronics and a set of bookshelf speakers. Do we get any trade shows around here? Boston area maybe?

sts9fan

« Reply #46 on: 18 Dec 2010, 11:45 pm »
No shows that I am aware of in Boston. Welcome to the slowest circle
on AC!

DougSmith

• What will the next hundred years bring?
« Reply #47 on: 19 Dec 2010, 12:06 am »
Yes... Welcome!  We may be slow but we know how to shake up the airwaves (from Gloucester here).

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #48 on: 7 May 2012, 01:08 pm »
We're not slow, we're taciturn.

Doc

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #49 on: 19 Oct 2012, 12:15 am »
We can have a G2G @ my new loft in Watertown.  I have a couple of AVA preamps, an EE Avant preamp, and EE DAC, a battery-operated Hi-Face and Audox USB power supply, an AVA UltraValve, Salk HT2-TL, and (4) Jeff Bagby-designed subs with 15" drivers and (2) 15" passive radiators in 4.9 c.f. (ID) cabinets, an AVA U70 driving a $59.00 COSTCO rock speaker (but it is stereo) on the patio, a Komoda grill, a pellet smoker, a Samsung 55" LED (with a cheap Pioneer 1021/Energy 7.1 system for the kids), and a 8.5' slate pool table (don't even think about touching my McDermott cue), and a home exercise area for those obcessively-ambitious folks.  For the really foolish courageous, I will take you for a ride in my car; my 82 year old mother says 4th gear is as close as she will ever get to being an astronaut.   :lol:  PM if interested or post and someone PM me.  George, additionally, et al, I believe, have my mobile number.  Just be fun to see you guys.

Henry

Scrypt

« Reply #50 on: 31 Jul 2013, 01:41 am »
Quick question: Does Westchester count?

My grillfiend's twin sister lives in Danbury and we drive there often, which would make me a definite honorary member of this club.  However, I've just moved from New York City to White Plains to live with said grillfiend and wondered whether this swank hangout was also inclusive of people like myself who now live in Westchester.

ctsooner

« Reply #51 on: 24 Nov 2013, 07:54 pm »
Not much going on here I guess. I"m in Berlin, CT.  Selling off three full systems with Onix, NAD, ProAc, Krell, MIT etc...in order to finally get a new system. I already have a beautiful Ayre AX7e integrated to start and will go with Vandy Treo's.  Would love to talk with other audiophiles locally.

4thChoice

• audiophile in training
« Reply #52 on: 24 Feb 2015, 04:27 pm »
HELLO "NEAR" from north/central Vermont.

Almost embarrassed to post something here after reading what a few of you have for systems.  Some of the pieces some of you have I've never heard of, a lot of the rest is just something I dream about.  But as I am a victim of "upgradeitis", who knows what's to come?  Slowly doing some upgrades and educating myself as I do it (enjoying the attempt to educate part, possible to spend too much time on this?).  Anyhow, just wanted to say "hi" and if there are any beer drinkers reading this, I live 6-8 miles from where the #1 brewery in the world is - Hill Farmstead , stop by after you pick up a growler.  (And I work about 1/2 mile from where The Alchemist makes "Heady Topper".)

My work in progress (currently) is:
Angstrom speakers all around (Obbligatos in front) except using a Paradigm sub not the Angstrom
      (I took a (big) chance and bought these used & unheard, VERY glad I took that chance.)
Anthem MRX710 AVR
Anthem MCA 5 amp
Denon DCD-1520, a cd player 30+ years old and going strong
Denon DP-61F tt
     (forget what the cartridge is as haven't used it in a few years)
Monster HTS 5000
ClearDay Double Shotgun speaker cables
     (just hooked up yesterday and :thumb: !!!!)
mish mash of ICs

Have a good one'
Steve

PS/ just finished listening to Kansas and cranking up some Bob James next.

ctsooner

« Reply #53 on: 18 Mar 2015, 02:16 am »
Wish there were more folks here.  Upgraded to the new Ayre AX5/20s and about to pull the trigger on Vandersteen Quatro's. If anyone wants to buy my Treo's at a great value just let me know as I'll need to sell them.

Franklin

« Reply #54 on: 8 Apr 2015, 04:05 pm »
I am in the Providence area-just joined the forum. Great place!
I have been running Apogee Slant 8's and Centaur Majors for years and now have Usher 8571's I rotate in/out. System includes 2010 Mac Mini server, Bel Canto DAC3, Bel Canto Async USB Converter, Conrad Johnson CT5 Pre, LP140 Monos. Vinyl: Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, ASR Basis Exclusive pre, Shelter 501. Nordost cables. Love this hobby!

coldfogey

« Reply #55 on: 26 Nov 2017, 08:32 pm »

I'm in the Bangor Me. area.  60 miles north in Medway Me.  I recently purchased a pair of Spatial M3 Triode
Masters.  They replaced a pair of Vandersteen 3A Signatures.  The problem is I no longer have the
shipping cartons.  If  someone is interested in coming up here to purchase them I will offer them at a great
price.  $800.00.  You will be able to hear them before you buy them.  That also includes the sound anchors.

While I have your attention I would also like to sell my Audio by VanAlstine 600 R amp  $1850.00

Audeze LCD2 Rev 1 headphone,s  $500.00

The last 2 items I can ship.

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #56 on: 26 Nov 2017, 08:54 pm »
HI Coldfogey,

I spent a few years in E. Eddington while in high school.  You could be Coldandsnowyfogey!  During black fly season of course the name could be unprintable as well.:) If you are an outdoors kind of guy, there is much to do and like about your location.  Have you listed your gear for sale in the Marketplace here on AC?  Those look like nice prices for some very nice gear.  GLWS.  What are you driving the Spatial M3 Turbos with? 

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #57 on: 26 Nov 2017, 09:47 pm »
I'm in the Bangor Me. area.  60 miles north in Medway Me.  I recently purchased a pair of Spatial M3 Triode
Masters.  They replaced a pair of Vandersteen 3A Signatures.  The problem is I no longer have the
shipping cartons.  If  someone is interested in coming up here to purchase them I will offer them at a great
price.  $800.00.  You will be able to hear them before you buy them.  That also includes the sound anchors.

While I have your attention I would also like to sell my Audio by VanAlstine 600 R amp  $1850.00

Audeze LCD2 Rev 1 headphone,s  $500.00

The last 2 items I can ship.

PM sent

George

coldfogey

« Reply #58 on: 26 Nov 2017, 11:02 pm »
Hi Bluezoomer

I am using a VINNIE  ROSSI  LIO integrated  Amp with the 25 watt MOSFET.  I switch in the AVA 600R on occasion.  I used this site because I

cannot ship the speakers with no cartons.  The last two items were an after thought.  They will go on the circle in due time if no one on this site

interested.  Thank you for your interest.

Coldfogey

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #59 on: 27 Nov 2017, 01:01 am »
Coldfogey,

I have heard that the LIO pairs well with Spatial Audio speakers.  Congratulations.  Happy listening. 
Who wouldn't want to drive up to your neck of the woods?!  Listen, Maine keeps the roads in better winter driving condition than most states in New England from my own memory.  A stop in Bangor to say hi to old Paul if he is still standing by the fairgrounds, and before you know it, you are in Medway.  Stop on the way back for some skiing at Sugarloaf or Sunday River, lobster on the coast somewhere, dinner in Portland.  Sounds like a great weekend getaway!

Best,

Blu