Tubes

Christophe35

Tubes
« on: 6 Dec 2003, 06:59 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm considering modwright modified player, don't know which one precisely. I have a question about the tubes that are used there. I like to let my gears on all  the time. This is possible with tubes that live a long time or that are cheap to replace. Is this possible with modwright players ?

Thanks for any information,
Christophe

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Tubes
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2003, 09:46 pm »
Greetings Christophe,
   Leaving the component on is "possible" with any product but many of Dan's products use the 5687 tube which runs extremely hot (for a signal tube) and leaving it on all the time would only limit the life span of this tube.

I obviously run one of my RAM Signature CD25 player (modified Music Hall CD25 with mods performed by Dan) that uses this tube and have not yet had to replace the tubes in this unit. My usage is now about 3-5 hours a day as of the first of November where it was only 3-5 hours a week prior to that due to time restraints of listening to my personal system. This player is now located in a main system in our new showroom so it see much more playing time.

Back again. I would recommend turning the player off at night at least. Every piece in my system is tubes and I personally don't like leaving gear on 24/7 especially when I am not around or sleeping.