Re: MQA Discussion
« Reply #20 on: 18 May 2017, 10:10 pm »

« Last Edit: 19 May 2017, 12:36 am by bacobits1 »

witchdoctor

« Reply #21 on: 18 May 2017, 11:49 pm »
That was an educational response.
Weirdo!

You come in to a thread titled MQA Discussion and told the moderator to "bin it". No discussion, you don't like it so you don't want any discussion at all. Given your condition of shutting down discussion without debate I stand by my diagnosis. However feel free to get a second opinion. :lol:

bacobits1

« Reply #22 on: 18 May 2017, 11:55 pm »

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #23 on: 19 May 2017, 12:26 am »
Folks, keep this on topic or I will lock it. 

Bacobits1, if you don't like the subject, there is no need to chime in.  There are plenty of hirez dicussions here.  Lets not troll, please.

bacobits1

« Reply #24 on: 19 May 2017, 12:38 am »
 :lol: :thumb:
« Last Edit: 20 May 2017, 08:44 pm by bacobits1 »

jMelvin

« Reply #25 on: 19 May 2017, 11:42 am »
Good. Have you compared the Node playing MQA to an MQA track playing from a PC via Tidal?

I compared a small sampling a while back and nothing about the comparison told me to put my Mac mini back in the system permanently. 

witchdoctor

« Reply #26 on: 19 May 2017, 12:19 pm »
I compared a small sampling a while back and nothing about the comparison told me to put my Mac mini back in the system permanently.

Thanks, I'm going to order a Node today for my desktop system. I was never a fan of USB anyway and the price seems right. Now I won't need to renew my Roon subscription either. :D

jMelvin

« Reply #27 on: 19 May 2017, 12:39 pm »
Very nice! Please share your impressions after you've given it a spin. Enjoy.

witchdoctor

« Reply #28 on: 19 May 2017, 01:44 pm »
I'm stoked about this Node for the desktop system. I hear Bluesound is pretty good at pushing out upgrades for their app.
We have more labels releasing MQA tracks this summer, more streaming services going to hirez streaming. The bottom line for me is after I listen to MQA tracks for a half our or so going back to redbook just seems flat. I was considering getting a PowerNode and replacing my amp and pre-amp but then read Brent Butterworth's review that the PowerNode amp is good, but does not kick ass. My Carver AV 505 amp kicks ass paired with my Sunfire pre-amp.

I love my Parasound ZDac and fortunately I can use it with the Node (even though you don't get the full MQA unfold) or use the RCA out straight to my pre-amp. Also looking forward to see how the Node compares as a DAC for redbook as well.

witchdoctor

New Biggie Album in MQA
« Reply #29 on: 20 May 2017, 07:56 pm »
Biggie is back with Faith Evans in MQA. Amazing, great tribute and amazing music. To bring back Biggie in MQA is so refreshing, and GREAT tracks. Nice article on the new album "The King & I" in USA Today too. Even if you weren't a fan of Biggie for the album is so lyrical with Faith Evans.

https://tidal.com/track/73708365

witchdoctor

MQA Throwdown
« Reply #30 on: 23 May 2017, 12:20 am »
MQA throwdown is happening this week. I will be putting the Bluesound Node in the big rig. It does a full MQA unfold via analog out. It;s opponent will be the venerable CD via the Sony UHPH1 Universal player. Should I test in 2 channel or immersive? Should I test via each players internal DAC or use the digital outs and use the DAC in my pre-amp?
I hate posting test results only to get the feedback I screwed the test up. Blind testing will be tough but I am open to suggestions. Please post your feedback for a throwdown. BTW, the Sony does DSD so I could throw a DSD download into the mix too.

reelvox

« Reply #31 on: 23 May 2017, 03:51 am »
I love watching the delusional and the deranged having incoherent conversations with themselves. Lol.
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #32 on: 23 May 2017, 04:12 am »
I love watching the delusional and the deranged having incoherent conversations with themselves. Lol.
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
« Last Edit: 23 May 2017, 12:45 pm by S Clark »

bacobits1

« Reply #33 on: 23 May 2017, 11:58 am »
+1

Now now, boys you will be accused of being a "troll"

S Clark

« Reply #34 on: 23 May 2017, 12:46 pm »
Now now, boys you will be accused of being a "troll"
You are right.  But the comment was funny

witchdoctor

« Reply #35 on: 23 May 2017, 04:38 pm »
MQA Throwdown Undercard

So I am comparing the Bluesound Node to the Parasound ZDac on both HIFI and MQA tracks (no CD's yet).
With HIFI tracks it is no contest. I have the spdif from the Node connected to the ZDac and the RCA out from the Node connected to the preamp. I can switch instantly from each source using my remote. The RCA out on the Node sounds compressed compared to the ZDac. The ZDac pretty much wipes the floor with the Node. The ZDac is a VERY good dac so that;s fine.
Now the next contest. MQA via the Node vs the ZDac. The ZDac only does the first unfold where the Node does a full unfold. The ZDac sounded good but MQA via the Node is the best digital I have ever heard in my system, bar none. Very natural and organic. So this prelim was done on my desktop system. I will do another throwdown in the big rig using CD later.

witchdoctor

« Reply #36 on: 23 May 2017, 05:00 pm »
FWIW the Bluesound app seems to organize MASTERS tracks much better than the Tidal app. When I open it up it seems to have a lot bigger selection than the Tidal app.

witchdoctor

« Reply #37 on: 23 May 2017, 05:14 pm »
I am listening to James Taylor via MQA streaming from the Node and it occurs to me why there is so much pushback on MQA from audio manufacturers and vendors. Why would anyone ever buy a non MQA streamer or a DAC that costs over $500 if digital is THIS good fron a $500 streamer/DAC via MQA? Once the floodgates of MQA content available opens up all of those so called "hi-end" Dacs are going to be either on EBAY or a garage sale for pennies on the dollar. I am not saying that MQA can't be bettered but the expense just isn't worth the investment.

The malcontents are either to cheap or to dumb to compare for themselves. Who wants to admit they spent $$$$ on a boat anchor? Non MQA DACS are going the way of non HDMI HT processors.

S Clark

« Reply #38 on: 23 May 2017, 06:23 pm »
... Once the floodgates of MQA content available opens up all of those so called "hi-end" Dacs are going to be either on EBAY or a garage sale for pennies on the dollar. I am not saying that MQA can't be bettered but the expense just isn't worth the investment.

The malcontents are either to cheap or to dumb to compare for themselves. Who wants to admit they spent $$$$ on a boat anchor? Non MQA DACS are going the way of non HDMI HT processors.

It's not your message that is turning people off, it's your condescending attitude.  You might actually have something to share, but I'm certainly not interested. 

witchdoctor

« Reply #39 on: 23 May 2017, 07:06 pm »
It's not your message that is turning people off, it's your condescending attitude.  You might actually have something to share, but I'm certainly not interested.

You admit you are trolling and you want to give lessons on how to post?  :duh: