Danny- R U showing at LSAF 2017?

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Danny- R U showing at LSAF 2017?
« on: 25 Apr 2017, 10:40 pm »
Several of us Louisiana "boys" are debating if we should drive abt 500 miles round trip.  Seems you and 1 or 2 others  might be the key to our coming.  Last time I went, you were not there - it was a small group of rooms being offered and I was disappointed.

Thanks

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Danny- R U showing at LSAF 2017?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2017, 11:56 pm »
At least several of his designs will be on display.  I'm sure that Mike Lundy will show several of Danny's designs, and I'll have his X-Statik kit on display.  My room will be sort of a tribute room to the late Gary Dodd, with his amps, preamps, phonostages, and maybe a dac set up. 
I'm showing the X-Statik because IMHO, it is still the best bargain speaker available and competes well with speakers 5X it's price- especially as a kit. 

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2017, 04:02 am »
I will be there and have the NX-Otica monitors paired with 12" H-Frames. I will also have a pair of the LGK 1.0 desktop monitors. I was planning on having a second room with N3 and X-LS Encores but my help fell through so I can only man one room.

I can bring the N3s if anybody is really interested.

I'll be in room 201.

Mike

Captainhemo

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2017, 04:00 pm »
At least several of his designs will be on display.  I'm sure that Mike Lundy will show several of Danny's designs, and I'll have his X-Statik kit on display.  My room will be sort of a tribute room to the late Gary Dodd, with his amps, preamps, phonostages, and maybe a dac set up. 
I'm showing the X-Statik because IMHO, it is still the best bargain speaker available and competes well with speakers 5X it's price- especially as a kit.

A tribute to Gary is really cool  Scott, wish I could be there to hear more of his great designs and to learn a bit more  about   him.
Hope all you  guys have a great time  :beer:

jay

Todd Willhoit

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2017, 01:44 am »
I plan to attend as a first-timer.  Can anyone comment on the format?  What time do the doors open? Is there a map of the rooms?  What type of music is played?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 27 Apr 2017, 02:42 am »
Todd,

The show hours are 3pm-6pm Friday and 10am-6pm Saturday and Sunday. That being said, after supper a lot of the rooms are open informally late into Friday and Saturday night. Everybody just kind of hangs out and has a good time.

There will be a directory available. Most of the rooms are on the second floor. The format is very casual. The show is eclectic including high end commercial products to DIY experimenters and in between. Most of the rooms are not large, about the size of a decent living room. You just wader around and pop into any of the rooms you want to. You can stay in any room as long as you like and return as often as you like.

As for the type of music played, you name it and somebody either is or can play it. If you have some music you especially want to be able to hear on different systems, bring it along. If you bring it on a CD and a thumb drive you should be able to listen to it on most of the systems. For example, with a computer server and an OPPO 105 I will be able to play about anything except vinyl.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Mike

Todd Willhoit

« Reply #6 on: 28 Apr 2017, 02:28 am »
Thanks, Mike!

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2017, 01:09 pm »
I'm not going to be able to exhibit this year. Just too busy here right now.

THROWBACK

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2017, 01:41 pm »
OK, Danny. But we (I) hope you'll at least show up to talk to your fans.
Regards, Chuck

Danny Richie

« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2017, 02:25 pm »
OK, Danny. But we (I) hope you'll at least show up to talk to your fans.
Regards, Chuck

Thanks, I will try to make that happen if at all possible.

I am up to my eyeballs right now. I have been back and forth between the two locations and right at the point of a complete move. Plus I have taken on a lot of work from a new client (can't say) and literally have no time in the day for anything.

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 29 Apr 2017, 02:25 pm »
And I really need to add a bunch of new stuff to the website. It's coming....

Todd Willhoit

« Reply #11 on: 9 May 2017, 03:54 am »
I wish to offer a HUGE thank you to Scott and Mike for sharing their wisdom about their respective GR products and overall assembly tips.  You guys are awesome!

Todd

bdp24

« Reply #12 on: 9 May 2017, 06:09 pm »
And I really need to add a bunch of new stuff to the website. It's coming....

While you're adding to the site Danny, think about including the OB/Dipole Sub in the OB Series category on the DIY Kits page. Guys over at Audiogon and the Planar Speaker Asylum still tell me they can't find the sub when I recommend it to them. I explain that the Sub itself, as a product for sale, is actually not listed on the GR Research site, not pictured, described, or explained. That they have to go to the Drivers page, find one of the OB woofers, look at the diagram of the H- and W- frames, and put it all together in their head.

The OB/Dipole Sub is listed on the Custom Installation page on the Rythmik site, with only a brief explanation, but again no pics, and no discussion/reviews from owners/users. It's confusing to would-be purchasers! The Sub certainly deserves it's own page/listing---even a single picture would go a long way to making the design understandable, and a full description of the Sub would answer all the questions I get. I can't tell you how many times I have described and explained it all!

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 9 May 2017, 06:16 pm »
While you're adding to the site Danny, think about including the OB/Dipole Sub in the OB Series category on the DIY Kits page. Guys over at Audiogon and the Planar Speaker Asylum still tell me they can't find the sub when I recommend it to them. I explain that the Sub itself, as a product for sale, is actually not listed on the GR Research site, not pictured, described, or explained. That they have to go to the Drivers page, find one of the OB woofers, look at the diagram of the H- and W- frames, and put it all together in their head.

The OB/Dipole Sub is listed on the Custom Installation page on the Rythmik site, with only a brief explanation, but again no pics, and no discussion/reviews from owners/users. It's confusing to would-be purchasers! The Sub certainly deserves it's own page/listing---even a single picture would go a long way to making the design understandable, and a full description of the Sub would answer all the questions I get. I can't tell you how many times I have described and explained it all!

Will do.

Thanks,