Super-V's for sale.

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
Re: Super-V's for sale.
« Reply #40 on: 7 Aug 2014, 12:16 pm »
DC I never got that PM, would you be kind enough to resend?
Kind regards

RCduck7

« Reply #41 on: 7 Aug 2014, 10:02 pm »
DC I never got that PM, would you be kind enough to resend?
Kind regards

PM resend.

RCduck7

« Reply #42 on: 5 Sep 2014, 09:29 pm »
It seems the speakers are still unsold.
https://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-g-r-research-super-v-s-all-upgrades-must-see-2014-07-31-speakers-75023-plano-tx
I missed these again, the process of making crates and shipping them to Europe seemed to much of an effort for the seller. He wanted to sell me the speakers but i had to arrange this from where i live in Belgium.
From over here i have no control over what happens. And for me to call to the US while i speak dutch to arrange all this would be confusing and only end up in misunderstandings and misery. There would be not a lot i could do from here if something goes wrong as it all felt under my responsibility if there was a problem.

I wished Danny had still a pair but i think i will set my views on a pair of 2nd hand Super 7 speakers in the future. Hopefully they will sell more of those as only 6 pairs were sold until now. Not much of a chance seeing them on the 2nd hand market i suppose.

Captainhemo

« Reply #43 on: 5 Sep 2014, 10:20 pm »
Last I read, Danny still had the  LS-X's that he showed at RMAF last year  :thumb:

I still have the pair that went to RMAF. I need to make someone a deal on them and give them a good home. The woofers in them were built just for this application. They are the best sounding speakers I have ever heard.

-jay

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #44 on: 5 Sep 2014, 11:28 pm »
RCduck7,

If you have your heart still set on the super-v, I just checked on ebay and there is still one pair of coaxes available from the pro sound company that was selling a while back.  type "bm12cx38" in the ebay search box.  When I spoke with them, they seemed like they were very accommodating and reasonable folks to work with.  Danny could still set you up with the rest of the parts, and I'm thinking it would be a lot easier for you to get the cabinets made up locally than to figure out shipping complete crated speakers across the pond.

Hope this might help!

Danny Richie

« Reply #45 on: 6 Sep 2014, 02:07 am »
RCduck7,

If you have your heart still set on the super-v, I just checked on ebay and there is still one pair of coaxes available from the pro sound company that was selling a while back.  type "bm12cx38" in the ebay search box.  When I spoke with them, they seemed like they were very accommodating and reasonable folks to work with.  Danny could still set you up with the rest of the parts, and I'm thinking it would be a lot easier for you to get the cabinets made up locally than to figure out shipping complete crated speakers across the pond.

Hope this might help!

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

RCduck7

« Reply #46 on: 8 Sep 2014, 02:40 pm »
RCduck7,

Hope this might help!

Sounds intresting to do, great tip! But lately i have been intrigued by  the new open baffle kit that's coming up with the LGK drivers and the neo 3 pdr, i do love the sound of these neo's.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=126112.0
And it's a more easy solution to get a taste of open baffle at my home for now.

Danny... From what I've read, if they do sound anything like the Super 7 and the LSX speakers but propably on a smaller scale, then i will be hooked. They do need a subwoofer don't they???? I guess preferably a servo sub in the left and right corner of the room?? Or 2 pairs of dual servo subs??

Danny Richie

« Reply #47 on: 8 Sep 2014, 05:53 pm »
Sounds intresting to do, great tip! But lately i have been intrigued by  the new open baffle kit that's coming up with the LGK drivers and the neo 3 pdr, i do love the sound of these neo's.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=126112.0
And it's a more easy solution to get a taste of open baffle at my home for now.

Danny... From what I've read, if they do sound anything like the Super 7 and the LSX speakers but propably on a smaller scale, then i will be hooked. They do need a subwoofer don't they???? I guess preferably a servo sub in the left and right corner of the room?? Or 2 pairs of dual servo subs??

The new LGK Wedge is going to exceed the Super-V upper driver is a lot of area's. It will be along the lines of the Super-7, but not quite. A lot less expensive though.

They will have to be placed on or set on top of a lower woofer section. And yes, 8" or 12" open baffle servo woofers will be great.

The LGK full Wedge version will have 9 of the LGK's in a line below the MMTMM section. I think I can get them to hit good numbers down to around 90Hz. This will allow for a separate sub tower for each side, but they will still need to be placed nearby.

ebag4

« Reply #48 on: 8 Sep 2014, 06:06 pm »
The LGK full Wedge version will have 9 of the LGK's in a line below the MMTMM section. I think I can get them to hit good numbers down to around 90Hz. This will allow for a separate sub tower for each side, but they will still need to be placed nearby.
Danny, now that you have tested the Wedgie what do you think the sensitivity will be for the full Wedge version?

Danny Richie

« Reply #49 on: 8 Sep 2014, 06:23 pm »
Danny, now that you have tested the Wedgie what do you think the sensitivity will be for the full Wedge version?

It should be the same. 93.5db sensitivity.

gab

« Reply #50 on: 11 Nov 2015, 10:04 pm »

gab

« Reply #51 on: 30 Dec 2015, 10:51 pm »
Sold. Thanks Danny!

Early B.

« Reply #52 on: 31 Dec 2015, 02:21 am »
Sold. Thanks Danny!

Huh? Did Danny buy back the speakers he designed??? If so, they must be great speakers!!!  :lol:

Danny Richie

« Reply #53 on: 31 Dec 2015, 02:34 am »
Huh? Did Danny buy back the speakers he designed??? If so, they must be great speakers!!!  :lol:

Yes I am.  :green: