The fascinating congruence of interrelated events

Thrice

The fascinating congruence of interrelated events
« on: 20 Aug 2013, 10:33 pm »
Or... How I came to joining AudioCircle.com.

It all starts with a set of speakers (Doesn't it always?). VMPS SuperTowers to be exact. I enjoyed these for quite some time, it's hard not to like a set of speakers that will knock the pictures off your neighbors walls. The humor of watching the siding jump on your house every time the base hit never got old. However, my current house is much to delicate for such antics so these wonderfully over the top components have set idle.

Fast forward to late last year when I found Audio Circle and it's collection of VMPS owners. I was even more excited to see that Brian Cheney maintained a circle here personally. Unfortunately, I procrastinated, delayed joining, and in that time Brian Cheney passed away. Would have been nice to speak with him as he seemed to personally remember every speaker he built.

But, time does march on and the inevitable has come to be, it's time to find a new custodian for these beasts. So I am here, where it is most likely that someone who knows about these speakers will appreciate and enjoy them as much as I have.

In the mean time I get the opportunity to meet new people, make new friends and learn from others' experiences. An excellent use of interwebbery if you ask me.

ST86

Re: The fascinating congruence of interrelated events
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2013, 05:41 pm »
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. 
From what I can gather you are selling your Supertowers?  Details please.  Maybe some pictures and asking price?

Regards,

Ed

Stimpy

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2013, 06:31 pm »
Location...???   :o

Thrice

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2013, 07:33 pm »
The speakers are Black Supertower IIa/R with QSO Holosonics. I intend to sell them, yes. But actually this was my introduction message. Didn't mean for it to sound like a sale pitch :oops:. From what I read I'm not allowed to post for sale ads or use the private messaging system until after I pass a probationary period. Anyone who could chime in on audio circle etiquette regarding what can or cannot be discussed in this thread or when or if a for sale thread should be started, etc. would be appreciated. Having your first thread locked because it violated the TOU doesn't sound like the best way to introduce one's self.

Oh, and I'm in suburban Kansas City, Mo.  :thumb:

-Russell

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2013, 09:19 pm »
Thrice,

I can't speak to the rules, since it has been so long since I joined and I think they may have evolved since then, but do continue to post and once past your probationary period let us know more.

Sounds like a well cared for pair of VMPS Classics.

I too welcome you to the VMPS Circle. :thumb:

Thrice

« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2013, 05:12 am »
Thanks for the welcome guys!