Review by Newrecordday.com

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Review by Newrecordday.com
« on: 22 Aug 2014, 04:07 pm »
Ron at Newrecordday.com did a review of some of my cables!  :green:

http://www.newrecordday.com/zenwave-audio-interconnects-speaker-cables/

I think he did a great job with it, and I like the video review format.  :thumb:   My cables have evolved a bit since he did the review but not to the point there are any major changes:

- D3 and D4 IC cables are now sold with a natural, unbleached cotton techflex with fabric shrink-tube. It looks great and adds some mechanical damping.

- SL-type speaker cables are ALL done in a 4-strand braid now. The overall sound is the same, but the soundstaging and presentation are improved, and there is a little more detail present.

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
Re: Review by Newrecordday.com
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2014, 05:32 pm »
Thanks Dave!

I thoroughly enjoyed knocking out this review and I must say, when you are working with a well built product that does exactly what it claims to do, it makes my job a lot easier.

Basic summary of the review:

DD1 - Great for those thinking about trying to a cable for the first time and/or don't want to spend a fortune. Quite neutral and more balanced than you would expect.

DD2 - Connectors are phenomenal and while there is a small audible difference in the gain of detail you hear, I think the price of the connector change is worth it alone.

DD - Smooth and "romantic" and a top end that would make you wonder what the heck everyone is talking about when they describe silver cables as being "edgy or bright." These cables would be a solid choice for anyone who wants to smooth things out.

D3 - Jumping into the detail end of the swimming pool. Things get good with this cable and would be the one I would be after other than the D4. Fantastic clarity and detail.

D4 - One of the best sounding interconnects I have ever heard and plays on the same field as the recently reviewed High Fidelity Cables CT-1. If resolution is what you are after, this cable should be on your short list.

SL Speaker Cable - Fantastic for the money. While id consider the cable to be balanced in sound, id also say its better suited for detail and probably not the best choice for those seeking more warmth in a cable. Soundstage was wide and had plenty of depth. Reminded me of what I heard with the Triode Wire Labs American Gauge Speaker Cables.

If anyone has questions or want to talk more about my impressions on the cables, I would be happy to chat. Ron@newrecordday.com

Well done Dave, you got a good thing going here.

-Ron
www.newrecordday.com

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2014, 03:36 pm »
Thanks Ron! I appreciate your offer to field questions, I'm a little biased...   :lol:   

beowulf

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2014, 08:28 am »
Great review and overall impressions and thoughts about the cables.  We are in agreement compared to what I experienced with them as well as I've heard the DD and D3 interconnects and they are both excellent.