New and Modern Music - Hi Rez Downloads

whytejon

New and Modern Music - Hi Rez Downloads
« on: 31 Aug 2009, 03:04 pm »
Hey guys,

Pretty much every SACD i have found in the past is either old (70s / 80s), or very old (Classical) - with only a few artists bringing out perhaps one SACD, eg:  Goldfrapp, Snow Patrol, Norah Jones.....

I would really love to know if there is anywhere i can get my hands on new and modern hi rez music files.

Any Ideas!!??

Jon L

Re: New and Modern Music - Hi Rez Downloads
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2009, 03:42 pm »
HDTracks has tons of 24/88.2 or 24/96 downloads and keeps adding more to the list.  You can listen to the samples before purchasing, and there are many outstanding albums on the list. 

http://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=9624albums

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2009, 04:09 pm »
Don't forget DVD-A as well.

There are quite a few "modern" offerings on DVD-A.

BTW, I really like hdtracks.com and use it quite frequently.

George

whytejon

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2009, 04:31 pm »
Thanks guys,

Had a look on HDtracks, but to be honest, i think its like looking through the 99 cent bin at Best Buy......(although we dont have Best Buy in Scotland - but you know what i mean)......  :wink:

Im looking for music that has been released, ideally in the last 5-10 years (but not classical stuff thats been re-recorded).

Some of the more well known artists i tend to listen to include artists such as:

Beck
Coldplay
Jack Johnson
Radiohead
The Killers

But mostly less well known artists such as.

Athlete
Fleet Foxes
Goldfrapp
Air
Elbow
Pete Doherty
Gotan Project
Turin Brakes
The Coral
Etc.....

I also dont mind a bit of "easy listening" hip hop:

Common
Q-tip
Kayne West (his latest is by far the best)

Anyway some ideas where im coming from!!  :thumb:

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2009, 05:22 pm »
Jon,
Welcome to AC, and welcome to our HiRez Circle.   :thumb:

Beck (Sea Change and Guero)
NIN (Downward Spiral, Ghosts, etc.)
Flaming Lips (Yoshimi)
Peter Gabriel (entire catalog)

Just off the top of my head.  Sea Change is as good as it gets (and available either in DVD-A or SACD...I have both), and was an award winner in every surround category of most every award contest.

BTW, Radiohead in HiRez would make my day almost as much as Beatles remasters in HiRez...and likely take more advantage of the resolution.  Everything In its Right Place in 24/192?  Wow! :thumb:

P.P.S.  Seldom Seen Kid or Asleep in the Back would be quite amazing, too.  :D

whytejon

« Reply #5 on: 1 Sep 2009, 06:25 pm »
Yeah ive got Sea Change on SACD actually, i need to listen to that again, as i have been listening more to Mutations and Modern Guilt lately, but Sea Change is awesome, albeit not the most cheery album, clearly written after a major relationship break up, so you have to pick the right mood for it....!

Sounds like there could be a potential business opportunity here guys!!   :thumb:

Website bit would be fairly easy, but where would we get the hi rez files!!??   :scratch: