long-term satisfaction

borism

long-term satisfaction
« on: 15 Dec 2011, 01:52 am »
It has been a little over a year since I received my jazz module speakers. I have learned by now that what may seem impressive right away is not always what has lasting value.
An example is design. German cars seem to represent this for me. Often they don't strike me immediately as that attractive but then over time the design somehow grows on me.
This brings me to my AudioKinesis speakers. My initial reaction was "to big" and the sound needed improving. Now, more then a year later it is hard to imagine being without them.
There is something just right about the sound. I have never spent more time listening to any prior combination of music equipment in my home. Somewhere on AC I saw a post by a member using exactly that variable - time spent listening to the system - as one way of evaluating the satisfaction with a particular component or combination of components.
Of note, I did get an Atma-Sphere S30 amplifier after learning that my speakers were voiced on them. 
My system has never been more balanced. While accurate it is musical and full and the opposite of lean and hard. I recall Kevin Deal saying about some tube equipment something about the "humanity"of it. That seems fitting.
I'd love to hear other of Duke's designs and who knows maybe at some future RMAF this will happen, provided Duke starts exhibiting his stuff again.
Just saying, well done!
Boris 

JoshK

Re: long-term satisfaction
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2011, 02:28 am »
I've been wondering what Duke is thinking up to replace the Jazz Modules now that the woofer is unobtanium.

Berndt

« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2011, 02:40 am »
I really dig my jazz modules too.
I had a friend over who is a friend of Kanye West. She has been in many a studio, and works in the industry. She was blown away by the jazz module experience. She had no idea that there was so much information in the music. I love being able to share Dukes work with my friends. I am grateful to own his speakers.

Clio09

« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2011, 03:07 pm »
I have had my Jazz Modules for about 3 years now. Sometimes I take them for granted. They are so easy to listen to and enjoy. Every once in a while I have an opportunity to listen to other speakers in my system. While I'm usually impressed with the sound, upon putting the Jazz Modules back in the system it's always easy to identify what I felt the other speakers were missing. No speaker I have heard does natural timbre like my Jazz Modules. I have said on a number of occasions that I hope to be buried in mine.

I also use the S-30 and enjoy the combination quite a bit. However, I have found the Jazz Modules to be very adaptable to different amplifiers and enjoy swapping my amps in and out of the system. Don't get me started on room placement either. I have learned I could put these speakers anywhere in my room and with their flexible bass and treble adjustments get them to sound right. That says a lot right there.