Harbeth Super HL5+ in stunning rosewood $4000

edmiston

Harbeth Super HL5+ in stunning rosewood $4000
« on: 3 Dec 2016, 08:44 pm »
So this is the story.  I have speakers I love - Janszen powered 2.1s, but I had read so much about these Harbeths I was consumed with curiousity (you know how we audio nerds are).  Well, it so happens I spend half my time in the UK and have a house there, so I bought these last month as dealer demos and brought them back to the US.  I listened to them extensively with a McInstosh 275 mk 6 and I understand the buzz.  These are box speakers that don't sound like it (from a lifelong planar guy).  They are effortless, detailed and make just about everything sound good.  Despite all this, I have decided to keep the (much more expensive) Janszens because they are powered (less stuff), are floorstanders, and I already have a Janszen center channel as well.  So I am selling these and passing on the savings I got by buying them in the UK.  That said, the buyer needs to understand they probably won't be covered by warranty here.  On the other hand, when was the last time you had a speaker fail?  I was willing to take that risk, and if you are, you could have your last set of speakers at a great savings.  I don't see a mark on them.  Feel free to call to discuss.  Thanks.

Mark 352-335-0481