Hum from BDP1 and Mps-2 power supply

Marius

Hum from BDP1 and Mps-2 power supply
« on: 19 Sep 2017, 02:53 pm »
HI,

I've been reordering my setup and finally discovered a humming noise ive been hearing for a while, but couldn't locate. (it is very faint, and most of the time noise in the household covers it..)

My bdp1 makes a very soft but discernible humming sound when powered up. In stand by, it is dead silent. Same goes for my mps-2, albeit significantly louder, though still rather soft ....

Is this normal operation? Or could anything be slowly deteriorating or needing service inside?

Strange other noise i've been able to separate is that of my Marantz streamer Na7004. This time it is only in standby mode, a faint hiss and high pitched sound is noticeable, and when powered up is completely gone. Seems like it is the red standby Led? Could this be possible at all. It's a bit like the sound the BR2 makes when lifted and the screen lights up.

cheers,
Marius

Mag

Re: Hum from BDP1 and Mps-2 power supply
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2017, 01:10 am »
Haven't used my BDP-1 since I got the BCD-3. My system is quiet until I hit the play button. Then its 92 decibels +. I don't play the music quite as loud as I used to because the music is so transparent. The Model T's like a little juice and then they really sing.

The power conditioner makes a buzz noise when turned on but then everything is quiet after power up.