Linked Events

• LampizatOr Rave: 19 Oct 2013

LampizatOr Rave

wisnon

Re: Great gettogether!
« Reply #80 on: 22 Oct 2013, 02:44 pm »

Lukasz and Merrill are great guys to talk to and build some awesome products.

I finally understand the buzz around Lampi DACs and the GM70 amp. Amazingly natural sounding and just get out of the way of music. Lampi DSD is the real deal, very liquid and gripping presentation.
Oh, and Taras A100 is a killer amp too. Almost tube like in its ability to flesh out the textures.

Listening to all this great gear has given me some serious GAS (gear acquisition syndrome)  :green:

Some pics from my camera can be found here http://img.gg/sw9PINT

Lampi DSD is indeed righteous!  http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/09/29/dsd-lampizator/

Who is Merrill?

rawhit

Re: LampizatOr Rave
« Reply #81 on: 22 Oct 2013, 03:02 pm »
I cant see the pictures...bummer.
Do you have flash disabled/blocked on your browser? The site where I uploaded is heavily flash based. I can access the link from a few different machines so I think url is not the issue.

Who is Merrill?
Merrill from http://www.merrillaudio.net/ . Just in case there is any confusion, his amps were not there at the rave.

wisnon

« Reply #82 on: 22 Oct 2013, 03:11 pm »
Thanks

Flash issue, from work.

hifial

• Ambassador, Sound Galleries & Taiko Audio
    • Sound Test
« Reply #83 on: 22 Oct 2013, 05:35 pm »
ATTENTION ALL!!

I was lucky enough to attend the RAVE at Deepak's, who is a hell of a nice guy, and I am also the guy who had Lukasz attend the NJ Audiophile's meeting on Sunday.

Even though Deepak and others had three setups and tried very hard to have a variety systems with different Lampizator DAC's to listen to it might have been better served to have one system tried and true.
Also as is typical at a RAVE equipment that others bring gets swapped in and out. This can make it hard to have a base for comparison.

By chance one of the Metro NJ/NY Audio Clubs I belong too was having one of their monthly meetings the next day. I asked Lukasz if he would be interested in attending so he could introduce himself and his DAC to our members. I also told him there was a chance we might be able to hear his DSD DAC in the system at the meeting. He graciously accepted.

Now I must say that it was very hard to tell how well the DSD DAC or even the BIG SIX sounded because we had no real reference point at Deepak.

But at the NJ Audiophile meeting that would not be a problem. Not with a top EMM LABS DAC and Transport along with equipment matching the quality of the EMM LABS.

This was my first time at this members house and one of the few times I was blown away by the sound I heard at a members house. It was a real treat when Lukasz first had a chance to hear Father Richards system. You could see his EYES pop open and his jaw drop. He knew right away that if we could put his DSD DAC in for a demo it was a system that would tell if he has the goods. Father Richards system has been compared to ones costing $500,000+ in sound. I will not at this time describe the details of the system.

After several hours of listening to the system including DSD from SACD through the EMM LABS Father Richards was gracious enough in letting Lukasz put in his DSD DAC. I brought some DSD files that Lukasz could add to what he planed on playing.

But before I describe what happens next let me tell you that Lukasz gave us a brief description of his work on DSD and thoughts on Audio. He also spent time in awe while listening to music through the system before we inserted his DSD DAC.

It only took a few bars of music for EVERYONE in the room to be able to hear what Lukasz's DSD DAC could do for the playback of music. You could hear people all over the room surprised at how well both Lukasz's DSD DAC and DSD done right could sound. AWE STRUCK is not significant enough to describe it.

Even Lukasz said he did not know it could sound that great.

ALL felt it OUTCLASSED the EMM LABS.

I am intrigued by the Lampizator. As some of you know it takes A LOT to impress my enough to be a FANBOY and post my enthusiasm. AS of now I need to first try the Lampizator PCM/DSD DAC in my system or one other that I am very familiar with.

Until then I give Lukasz's DSD DAC a BIG almost FANBOY.

By the way, the NJ Audiophile Society is planning on hosting a meeting for Lukasz,s Lampizator PCM/DSD in Jan of 2014.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #84 on: 22 Oct 2013, 05:42 pm »
By the way, the NJ Audiophile Society is planning on hosting a meeting for Lukasz,s Lampizator PCM/DSD in Jan of 2014.
Where in NJ? 

shadowlight

« Reply #85 on: 22 Oct 2013, 05:49 pm »
Wished I had joined Lukasz for the NJ Audio Society meeting.  Damn work got in the way  :evil:

Berto

« Reply #86 on: 22 Oct 2013, 06:19 pm »
THanx to Deepak and his wife for opening up there beautiful home to us audiophools :thumb:

Hifidal, nice meeting you and I have to agree the Lamp DSD was by far the highlight of the rave for me as well.  The recreation of space, the depth and the liquidity was simply intoxicating.

Lukasz was kind enough to lend me the GM70s and DSD DAC that was at the Rave.  I'm  :oops: since I have ZERO DSD music and no pc at the moment. I WILL resolve these issues by the weekend.  Looking fwd to commenting more when I compare it to my fav L6 PCM recordings :thumb:

hifial

• Sound Test
« Reply #87 on: 22 Oct 2013, 07:48 pm »
Jason, it is still tentative for Jan. It might be Colonia NJ 07067. It might also be at another location and/or at a later date. It is all in a very early stage as we just started to work it out, seeing as we just meet Lukasz. But most likely it will be between 30-60 minutes of NYC by car.

Deepak. BOY did you MISS it. You would have been blown away. Hell ask Lukasz. He had this little smirk on after he heard Father Richards system because he knew it would at least do his DAC justice. After his DAC was played you could see the twinkle in his eye. I swear I think he thought he died and went to Heaven.

Berto, it was nice meeting you also. I would be happy to ah hmm lend you some DSD files to get you started and also help in making sure your pc is tweaked for optimum payback. PM. I would be more then happy to help in anyway I could.

Geardaddy

« Reply #88 on: 22 Oct 2013, 08:37 pm »
Congrats to Deepak and the NJ audio society for providing a nice two stage experiment to put the Lampi stuff through its paces.  I wish I could have been there. 

wisnon

« Reply #89 on: 22 Oct 2013, 09:53 pm »
Jason, it is still tentative for Jan. It might be Colonia NJ 07067. It might also be at another location and/or at a later date. It is all in a very early stage as we just started to work it out, seeing as we just meet Lukasz. But most likely it will be between 30-60 minutes of NYC by car.

Deepak. BOY did you MISS it. You would have been blown away. Hell ask Lukasz. He had this little smirk on after he heard Father Richards system because he knew it would at least do his DAC justice. After his DAC was played you could see the twinkle in his eye. I swear I think he thought he died and went to Heaven.

Berto, it was nice meeting you also. I would be happy to ah hmm lend you some DSD files to get you started and also help in making sure your pc is tweaked for optimum payback. PM. I would be more then happy to help in anyway I could.
Please have some DSD128 material, as that is da bomb on this Dac. I am glad to see people agree with my prelim review at Parttimeaudiophile.com.

« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2013, 11:21 am by wisnon »

rodge827

« Reply #90 on: 22 Oct 2013, 11:41 pm »

hifial,

It was great to meet you at Deepaks' on Saturday, and chat up some serious audio.

How does one become a NJ Audiophile Society member?

Website link?

Thanks,

Chris

Charles Xavier

« Reply #91 on: 23 Oct 2013, 12:17 am »
 :scratch:  I thought this was the New York rave

shadowlight

« Reply #92 on: 23 Oct 2013, 12:50 am »
No offense but I will have to miss this one. These Manufacturer raves are the reason why I stopped attending.

:roll:

It really shouldn't matter to you one way or the other since you did not think it was NY RAVE and it was Manufacture's RAVE.

Thx

hifial

• Sound Test
« Reply #93 on: 23 Oct 2013, 01:42 am »
Chris it was good to meet you also.

Anyone who would like any info on the NJ Audio Society just PM.

Quote from: Charles Xavier on Today at 08:17 pm

Charles, we cross pollinate   :rock:

wisnon

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #95 on: 23 Oct 2013, 01:46 pm »
Dang, Dang, Dang, I feel like I am on the outside looking in.   :duh:

wisnon

« Reply #96 on: 23 Oct 2013, 02:29 pm »
What's up, old pal!

playntheblues

« Reply #97 on: 23 Oct 2013, 02:51 pm »
You guys are killing me,  wish I had my lamp back!  Damit Jim

wisnon

« Reply #98 on: 23 Oct 2013, 03:09 pm »
Jim???

playntheblues

« Reply #99 on: 23 Oct 2013, 03:19 pm »
Star trek line from Scotty to Captian Kirk (Jim).  "Damit Jim I'm given you all shes got, the ships about to break apart"