Axpona 2017

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Axpona 2017
« on: 13 Mar 2017, 05:21 am »

Axpona 2017!!
Two rooms;
530 with ModWright and WyWires showing our new Apollo speaker system.
LL Banks Room with ModWright and Skogrund showing our Poseidon speakers with Duelund upgrade.

25 Year Anniversary!!!!!!
We will have show specials and black DID's and maybe even anniversary beer mugs and more!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Axpona 2017
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2017, 03:20 pm »
Have a great show Lou !  :thumb:  Hope the weather moderates for all.

KLH007

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2017, 07:06 pm »
I'm looking forward to visiting both rooms.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2017, 11:11 pm »
How about some basic or in depth information on the Apollo :beer:

Alan

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2017, 03:22 am »
All the cool new stuff aside, congratulations on 25 years!   Here is to 25 more! :green::beer:

Alan, check out the "something new this way comes" thread for more info and pictures of Apollo.  :thumb:

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2017, 03:29 pm »

jriggy

« Reply #6 on: 14 Apr 2017, 06:53 pm »
 :drool: :drool: :drool:

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2017, 09:09 pm »
That settles it.  A road trip to Lou's shop after the show.

No to go pick up more empty cand and bottles now that they are worth a dime $.10 :thumb:

Alan

joerest

« Reply #8 on: 18 Apr 2017, 08:29 pm »
Heard your wares at least 3 times at RMAF. Now I will be attending Axpona Chicago. Looking forward to hearing them again. Who knows, maybe to buy this time. Always a great sound, and great wood craftmanship. Eye candy.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 30 Apr 2017, 06:06 pm »
Here is a pic of our room with the New Apollo speakers and Modwright tube gear and WyWires Diamond cables.
Just amazing sound, we all felt it was the best sound we have ever had and many others agreed. Minimal room treatment and great tonal balance and accuracy. Usually a waiting line to get in the room, busy even on Sunday. Last tune was 4:30 sunday with a full room and we played Stimela (coal train), often because of the wide dynamics of this song it can be uncomfortable when it hits the loud passages. Not here, sounded like a live concert and even with jaded ears from too much listening we all ended the show with goosebumps!

The Skogrund room was also great! We had the Poseidons there with the new Duelund crossover upgrade. Great balance of gear, and the combination of tape source and a big room created an incredible stage.

These pics are kind of funny in that they make the rooms look similar in size where in reality the Skogrund room was almost twice the size of the other room. Sonically it really showed how important the room is to the sound, especially stage, and it also showed the impact the source makes. You just cannot beat a good tape source!
btw the guy standing next to the Poseidons is not really eight feet tall, another trick of photography.  (these are pics I grabbed from other people, I was remiss and took no pictures. Next show I will take photos and video... promise!!)

nature boy

« Reply #10 on: 30 Apr 2017, 06:16 pm »
Very nice Lou.  Congrats on another great showing of your exceptional speakers!  Hope to get to The Capital show this year for another listening session.

NB

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 30 Apr 2017, 11:42 pm »

For the room 530 with the Apollo and new Modwright preamp etc. Thank You David!!!!! :thumb:

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 1 May 2017, 03:23 am »

two for two... not bad .... 8)

btw several (influential) people at the show mentioned my two rooms were both in the top five!  :thumb:

Thank you David!

Positive Feedback is the BEST.

joerest

« Reply #13 on: 6 May 2017, 08:47 pm »
Here is a pic of our room with the New Apollo speakers

Yes, I heard these babies at Axpona and thought they sounded very analog and human. They have a natural quality I heard no where else at the show. I think you came up with something special with this driver placement.

cheech

« Reply #14 on: 9 Jun 2017, 09:43 pm »
Lou, congrats on Greg Weaver's Axpona comments relative to the Poseidon v2 in the July/August issue of The Absolute Sound - " This new Daedalus Poseidon v2 just lays tonal color bare and can flesh out texture and unravel space like little else in its price range. And, if you are into natural wood finishes, the look is to die for." 

You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovin my Argos v2s

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #15 on: 16 Feb 2018, 03:42 am »
https://youtu.be/sSduz7SW-CU

From AV Show Reports - Apollos in the house

Goldshow winner Axpona 2017

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #16 on: 16 Feb 2018, 06:44 am »
This is an incredible understatement: Apollos sound wonderful.

Yes. I know that's not the correct audiophile language. Tough. I lack the golden touch with keyboards to explain their sonic beauty. I no longer worry if I made the right choice.

I own a pair of them. Let's call them my dream speakers. Let's call them Pan/Muse on steroids. Let's say the 10" woofer not only takes them down to 20Hz but improves the lower midrange over the previous 8" woofer models. You've got to have really clean amp/preamp and source if you want these speakers to sound their best IMO.

Call me very happy.

Michael

A_shah

« Reply #17 on: 16 Feb 2018, 08:11 am »
This is an incredible understatement: Apollos sound wonderful.

Yes. I know that's not the correct audiophile language. Tough. I lack the golden touch with keyboards to explain their sonic beauty. I no longer worry if I made the right choice.

I own a pair of them. Let's call them my dream speakers. Let's call them Pan/Muse on steroids. Let's say the 10" woofer not only takes them down to 20Hz but improves the lower midrange over the previous 8" woofer models. You've got to have really clean amp/preamp and source if you want these speakers to sound their best IMO.

Call me very happy.

Michael
@cheech
Lou, congrats on Greg Weaver's Axpona comments relative to the Poseidon v2 in the July/August issue of The Absolute Sound - " This new Daedalus Poseidon v2 just lays tonal color bare and can flesh out texture and unravel space like little else in its price range. And, if you are into natural wood finishes, the look is to die for."

@ Michael
With the 10 " driver on Apollo Lou has hit the ball right out of the ball park no doubt ! I have heard the Apollo' no question they sound very clean , linear and sound fantastic ! very musical , I could  easily live with the Apollo for rest of my listening life.

« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2018, 05:46 pm by A_shah »

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #18 on: 18 Feb 2018, 12:40 pm »
The more I read - the more I am drawn to the Apollos

My Ulysses have been on a long fantastic Odyssey
Every upgrade in my system just takes them even farther
In my setup I don't feel they are deficient in any way.

I'm been talking to Lou about doing all the post V2 upgrades. Woofer and tweeters, caps, mids trim rings, etc.

I have a 14.5' x 27' room with my speakers on the long wall

The Ullysses image very well with a very wide soundstage and defined instruments in space
I have great depth and dynamics
I feel the drivers are integrating well at that shorter distance

For my nearfield setup the point source aspect of the Apollo could take this to the next level
Absolutely precise pinpoint imaging
Perhaps better suited driver wise to the room size

Seriously leaning that way