BOT loader....

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
BOT loader....
« on: 28 Jan 2018, 12:16 am »
 Hello James . Is the  BOT still using that  all metal  Panasonic transport... I saw the number  earlier but can't find it now ...thanks . :scratch: :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BOT loader....
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2018, 02:50 am »
Hello James . Is the  BOT still using that  all metal  Panasonic transport... I saw the number  earlier but can't find it now ...thanks . :scratch: :thumb:

Yes but I know Chris is looking for another unit as the current one is not going to be available shortly.

james

spinner

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2018, 11:06 pm »
At this time has the loader in the BOT been replaced.? Will it also be a Panasonic unit? :scratch: If this is the case will it be called the BOT 2 ?

redbook

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2018, 11:21 pm »
At this time has the loader in the BOT been replaced.? Will it also be a Panasonic unit? :scratch: If this is the case will it be called the BOT 2 ?
  I think the current loader is the Panasonic UJ260 if I recall ....I would imagine there may be better model out now  equal in quality....I hope ...LOL :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2018, 11:57 pm »

Hi

I know Chris was looking at other loaders as the current one is being discontinued I think.  I do not know if he has settled on one yet.

james

redbook

« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2018, 02:31 pm »
Hi

I know Chris was looking at other loaders as the current one is being discontinued I think.  I do not know if he has settled on one yet.

james
  Was wondering if the Stream Unlimited slot loading JPSL-33 transport would be a good choice since the tray model ( BCD3) is a well made unit. :thumb:

Calypte

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2018, 06:55 pm »
Question about these BOT CD drives: are they any better for ripping CDs than a standard laptop CD/DVD player?  I've been ripping a lot of my CD collection for play through my Bryston BDP-pi.  I use either of two laptops.  Sometimes they choke on a particular track and can't convert it to FLAC.   Yet these tracks are perfectly playable with my Oppo CD player. 

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #7 on: 1 Mar 2018, 12:39 am »
Hi All,

The streamunlimmited drive is a nice looking unit, however that would require a mostly complete redesign of the unit.  The drives I'm currently considering use the same form factor and I'm leaning towards an LG dvd-rw unit. 

The reason for the bot in the first place was to help streamline people to.ripoing there collection.  If your comfortable using your PC/Mac/3rd party then by all means it should do the job just fine.

redbook

« Reply #8 on: 1 Mar 2018, 05:21 am »
Hi All,

The streamunlimmited drive is a nice looking unit, however that would require a mostly complete redesign of the unit.  The drives I'm currently considering use the same form factor and I'm leaning towards an LG dvd-rw unit. 

The reason for the bot in the first place was to help streamline people to.ripoing there collection.  If your comfortable using your PC/Mac/3rd party then by all means it should do the job just fine.
  No, actually I will always prefer to have a good  drive/loader to play discs directly because I like the idea of physical medium ( like the old days..LOL) I hope the BOT will continue  to exist and be an integral part of my playback system... please pick a reliable replacement  drive...thanks.LOL :thumb: