Brian is healing after a procedure (VMPS CLOSING)

saisunil

Re: Brian is healing after a procedure (VMPS CLOSING)
« Reply #60 on: 7 Dec 2012, 04:29 pm »
RIP
Prayers for all who are left behind

Stimpy

« Reply #61 on: 7 Dec 2012, 04:49 pm »

:cry:

That is truly sad news!  I'd hoped that Brian would quickly recover from his illness,
and at least be back on line here, when possible.  I guess that wasn't meant to be...

Regardless, I want to convey my sympathies to Shirley, and to their families.  And to
John.  I know this isn't easy for you either.  Stay strong.  And finally, to the whole VMPS
community at large, as we've all lost an important family member today!

Sincerely,

Stewart

It is with the greatest sadness that I must report I have received the following message from Brian's wife Shirley.

"Brian Cheney passed last night.  He was a wonderful husband, loving father, great speaker designer, and audiophile.  A sincere thank you to all friends and customers who enriched his life. 

Brian's Wife,
Shirley Cheney"

heronlyescape

« Reply #62 on: 8 Dec 2012, 11:22 am »
Hello Everyone,

I am Brian's daughter, Terra Cheney, I was very very close with my father, and I want to thank you all for all the years of support in my father's business and thank you for all your loyalty to his products. I very much appreciate all of the condolences. As a favor, I'm asking anyone who knew Brian and happen to have pictures of him (especially with speakers) would be willing to email them to me for his memorial service, I am setting up a slideshow for it and I would love to have pictures of him that are VMPS related (or any pictures at that, since he didn't like taking pictures very much). Thanks again everyone, never forget VMPS Audio. :)

-Terra

heronlyescape

« Reply #63 on: 8 Dec 2012, 11:24 am »
Forgot to mention, my email is heronlyescape@aol.com

Thanks.

-Terra

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #64 on: 8 Dec 2012, 12:35 pm »
Terra,
      All of our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  There are so many folks in this community and others that appreciate all of the work that your Dad has done in and for the industry.  Would it be possible for you to post a link here to the video that you put together?
Kind Regards & condolences,
Guy

roscoeiii

« Reply #65 on: 8 Dec 2012, 03:34 pm »
Terra,

My deepest condolances to you and your family.

I wanted to also let you know that there is another thread here about Brian's passing. I have posted your above message there.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=112195.0

StereoNut

« Reply #66 on: 8 Dec 2012, 03:43 pm »
Terra - please accept my condolences.

John Casler

« Reply #67 on: 8 Dec 2012, 04:58 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I am Brian's daughter, Terra Cheney, I was very very close with my father, and I want to thank you all for all the years of support in my father's business and thank you for all your loyalty to his products. I very much appreciate all of the condolences. As a favor, I'm asking anyone who knew Brian and happen to have pictures of him (especially with speakers) would be willing to email them to me for his memorial service, I am setting up a slideshow for it and I would love to have pictures of him that are VMPS related (or any pictures at that, since he didn't like taking pictures very much). Thanks again everyone, never forget VMPS Audio. :)

-Terra

Hi Terra,

Below are a few that might help.  As A side note, I know you have to use music with the video tribute, and one song to consider is "My Heart Will Go ON" the Theme song from the Movie Titanic.  It was the song that your father played to the judges at the 2002 CES where he won the BEST OF SHOW award.  One of the Judges said they were "moved to tears" by hearing that song over the RM40 speakers, and the words also might imply that Brian's heart (music) will go on.

Really great photos of B here

GREAT SHot of B, with his RM50

SHOW report with a few pics of Brian

Photos from 2012 THE SHOW in Las Vegas

I think you may be able to save any of those to your HD.

Hope that helps

John Casler

« Reply #68 on: 8 Dec 2012, 05:02 pm »
One of my favorites:  The Man behind the Speaker

John Casler

« Reply #69 on: 8 Dec 2012, 05:04 pm »
And:

John Casler

« Reply #70 on: 8 Dec 2012, 05:05 pm »
With James Bongiorno

John Casler

« Reply #71 on: 8 Dec 2012, 05:07 pm »
Taking a bow (he played the cymbals) after a Live versus Recorded Session.

jhm731

« Reply #72 on: 8 Dec 2012, 06:56 pm »

John Casler

« Reply #73 on: 8 Dec 2012, 07:10 pm »

Brian and I

Darac

« Reply #74 on: 9 Dec 2012, 08:22 am »
Hello Terra !

I know that its hard to believe, your father is gone. My mother is gone about 9 months ago. Condolence from my wife and me.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #75 on: 9 Dec 2012, 05:34 pm »

CES 2009....with Lesley Olsher.

Housteau

« Reply #76 on: 9 Dec 2012, 10:55 pm »
I needed to hunt down my photos of Brian.  Then, I lost my internet for half a day, but enough of excuses.  Thankfully I see that John has already posted some of my better ones that we had shared together earlier. 

I first met Brian in Las Vegas for the first Live vs Recorded event at the Alexis Park where I began my stint as a VMPS roady and show set up guy.  That first year was helped along by Ray Kimber donating several of his people and a Sony Sonoma Work Station for the DSD recording.  The following three shows at the Flamingo were recorded by Jim Harger and myself (actually I had missed that second show due to a work conflict), Jim with the 24/88.2 and me with the 5.6 mHz DSD.  I always looked forward to those shows and they became a highlight starting off my year.  I was very proud to be a part of all that and and always will be.  I will miss Brian very much.  I wanted to post a few random shots of Brian at these shows.  Some are better than others, but I wanted to share all of them I  could locate.

« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2012, 02:12 am by Housteau »