Software API to output music files on BDP-3?

mcochris

Software API to output music files on BDP-3?
« on: 20 Apr 2024, 12:43 am »
I have a new BDP-3, awaiting MM replacement/update. In the meantime, I've swapped out the motherboards' SSD with the latest version of Debian. I'm writing a simple web interface to play my music files, but I can't figure out how to send the music files to the output board. The PC motherboard in the BDP sends the files over an internal USB port to the output board. I'm having a hard time finding the relevant original source code that does this. Any ideas about how to output the music files?

Thanks!

jcn3

Re: Software API to output music files on BDP-3?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 03:27 pm »
I have a new BDP-3, awaiting MM replacement/update. In the meantime, I've swapped out the motherboards' SSD with the latest version of Debian. I'm writing a simple web interface to play my music files, but I can't figure out how to send the music files to the output board. The PC motherboard in the BDP sends the files over an internal USB port to the output board. I'm having a hard time finding the relevant original source code that does this. Any ideas about how to output the music files?

Thanks!

if you want to use your bdp-3, why not us mm or roon or some other control software?  you obviously enjoy tinkering!