iPhone 6 released

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
iPhone 6 released
« on: 19 Sep 2014, 05:32 pm »
Whats your opinion? is anyone getting it?

Scroof Neachy

• I like to smell stuff
Re: iPhone 6 released
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2014, 06:49 pm »
Not me.

Austin08

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2014, 07:50 pm »
It should be arrived at my house any day from now.

GT Audio Works

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2014, 07:55 pm »
The first one sold....ouch !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62QKAql5Xms

GT Audio Works

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2014, 07:59 pm »
Whats your opinion? is anyone getting it?
Nope...not me...My $10 phone does all I need it to do.
I even flipped a canoe this summer with phone in pocket. I dried it out in the oven and it still works.

guf

« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2014, 08:03 pm »
yeah I'm getting it! waiting for UPS delivery. I'm excited. I love new stuff!

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2014, 09:20 pm »
I jumped on the 5s, but really don't want a bigger phone 'cuz my wardrobe's all set up for this one  :icon_lol:

Carhartt's gonna have to make a bigger pocket...

randytsuch

« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2014, 10:31 pm »
My wife went home early to wait for her new phone, and she still missed the fedex guy. 

When you want them to come late, they come early.  But they left a note, said they will try again tomorrow.

RPM123

« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2014, 01:32 am »
I got the iP6 and I love it...larger and faster than the 5S! Better screen color and resolution too.  :D I need to learn all of the tricks of the new IOs though. I feel for the guy who dropped his on the sidewalk! The same thing happened to me, but fortunately it landed on my desk top and there was no damage to the phone. There is somewhat of a vacuum in the box because of the tight fitting cover and removing it can pull the phone along with it. Be careful!

brooklyn

« Reply #9 on: 20 Sep 2014, 04:28 am »
I had the iPhone 4s for a couple of years but found it to be to small for my older eyes.
When my contract was up around 8 months ago I jumped ship and went with the
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and love it.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #10 on: 23 Sep 2014, 05:21 pm »
The first one sold....ouch !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62QKAql5Xms

Poor guy :\ i call it bad luck.

As aspect that i love from iPhone is their design and build quality. I've been an android guy since i started but iOS 8 looks interesting.

srb

« Reply #11 on: 23 Sep 2014, 06:13 pm »
I once stood in a line for hours in cold weather to get Jimi Hendrix tickets, but (a) I was a teenager and (b) it was a unique singular event.

Overnight in line for a freakin' cellphone?  You cannot be serious!

Steve

jparkhur

« Reply #12 on: 23 Sep 2014, 06:18 pm »
Got one only because I gave grandma my old 5s, she had the original hero from htc.  i got the 6 and noticed the wifi is super slow, as others have noticed.  it may be iOS 8 or other issues.  my thumb can not reach across the entire screen to hit buttons, and it sucks battery fast even with everything turn off.

i wish i would go back to my 5s
paid 200 for a 128 on sprint for the upgrade and contract.

it looks pretty....
Jon

vegaobscura

« Reply #13 on: 23 Sep 2014, 08:52 pm »
Ordered a 6 plus, but it won't ship until middle of next month.  :|

Willing to wait, though. Hopefully it'll sort out some production issues, software issues, and such...saw some stuff about iPhones being bent in-pocket?

loving_it

« Reply #14 on: 24 Sep 2014, 11:29 am »
Got one only because I gave grandma my old 5s, she had the original hero from htc.  i got the 6 and noticed the wifi is super slow, as others have noticed.  it may be iOS 8 or other issues.  my thumb can not reach across the entire screen to hit buttons, and it sucks battery fast even with everything turn off.

i wish i would go back to my 5s
paid 200 for a 128 on sprint for the upgrade and contract.

it looks pretty....
Jon
  I ordered a  6  128 GB  it will be here this morning , I'm thinking of sending it back I like the 5s better size and construction wise .
only reason I upgraded was I needed more storage over my 16GB 5s . I feel the IP6 looks cheap compared to the 5s 

skunark

« Reply #15 on: 24 Sep 2014, 09:07 pm »
I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to 6, so far so good.  I've avoided the 8.0.1 release that seems to be turning off cell service.. lol.. I think Apple created an entire season of comedy skits with this release and it hasn't been a week yet.

- phatgate - weight challenged folks sitting on their iPhone 6 plus and bending it
- bendgate - hipsters learning that skinny jeans can bend aluminum
- plus size - Apple realizes that half of the population of developed nations are overweight and have decided to market a device to them.

I'm actually excited about the healthkit more than anything, and I hope there's a mode that turns Siri into an angry gym teacher to tell me to take the stairs more often.

I'm also ecstatic that for the very first time since the first iPod, I'm able to get my entire music collection on my iPhone..... well until I rip another dozen albums.

Jim

jparkhur

« Reply #16 on: 24 Sep 2014, 09:30 pm »
Gutted phone back to full reset.  Reinstalled all new apps.  Battery was left at 100 percent at 7 am and at four pm it was at 98 percent.  I may have solved my battery issue.  Jp

skunark

« Reply #17 on: 24 Sep 2014, 09:30 pm »
I once stood in a line for hours in cold weather to get Jimi Hendrix tickets, but (a) I was a teenager and (b) it was a unique singular event.

Overnight in line for a freakin' cellphone?  You cannot be serious!

Steve

I remember standing in line during college for several CD releases on Monday nights at CD store that is a Buffalo Wild Wings today.  Of course I didn't have an early morning class to attend during those times, but I don't see that as any different than standing in line on Black Friday,  for an iPhone or concert tickets.   It was crazy then and there's no way I would consider doing that today now that you can just order online and have it delivered at your convenience.  (well one way..lol)    I think most will chalk it up as a 'thrill of the hunt' experience.

Jim

GT Audio Works

« Reply #18 on: 25 Sep 2014, 11:29 am »

TomS

« Reply #19 on: 25 Sep 2014, 11:28 pm »
iphone 6 bending
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/56112361#56112361
I had this happen with my 5, such that the volume up/down buttons don't work unless I tweak/twist the case fairly hard at an angle. I suppose it's from carrying it in my front pocket all the time.