Cyclops and Suspiro Combo

GentleBender

Cyclops and Suspiro Combo
« on: 11 Feb 2015, 04:38 pm »
Klaus,

Any thoughts on a combo of Cyclops and Tempest? I had discussed it with someone else and came to the conclusion that it would give more control. At just $100 additional cost over the Khartago, it could be worth it.

How are my babies coming along?

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: 4 Aug 2015, 03:22 pm by GentleBender »

klaus@odyssey

Re: Cyclops and Tempest Combo
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2015, 07:41 pm »
Shipping tomorrow !!!!!!!!!

GentleBender

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2015, 08:31 pm »
Hurray! I'll be sure to report back after things have settled in. Let me know when you have a chance to look at the turntable, I know you are busy. It will take a bit of time to break them in anyhow. :thumb:

Carl V

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2015, 09:27 pm »
excuse my ignorance but why the Cyclops and The Tempest.
And not a Khatrgo & Tempest.

GentleBender

« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2015, 09:38 pm »
See below...
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2015, 01:23 pm by GentleBender »

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2015, 09:24 am »
A little oopsy here on Jason's part...he's getting the Cyclops and the Suspiro phono stage..........

GentleBender

« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2015, 01:39 pm »
Just curious, would they work well together?

GentleBender

« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2015, 12:37 am »
Well, today the Cyclops SE+ and Suspiro arrived in perfect condition. Klaus got them out quick and I really appreciate that since I have the patience of a gnat. They were packed well since the UPS guy basically threw them on the ground with the rest of my Amazon boxes. I know they have some time to break in, but they already sound great. I'm no experienced audiophile, but I know I like what I hear. Right now I hear more controlled bass than I've had. Thank you Klaus for the great introduction to the HiFi world. 8)

hotmailjbc

« Reply #8 on: 21 Feb 2015, 01:46 am »
My Cyclops has been on for a year now. Best piece of audio gear I own. Use it with magnepans, 2 sunfire subs, a parasound zdac, arcam cd/computer and all morrow cables. I am sure you will love it.

hifi12002

« Reply #9 on: 21 Feb 2015, 01:55 am »
Jason,

Congratulations on your purchase!  I have the Suspiro in my system and it’s GREAT! Very articulate, yet warm in its processing of the signal. ENJOY!

Cheers,
Kelvin

GentleBender

« Reply #10 on: 21 Feb 2015, 01:44 pm »
That first night was great. The channel separation is so incredible that my buddy that came over to listen said, "I don't even know Klaus, but I want to email him and thank him for the great system I get to listen to for free." :lol: I have been listening in this room for about two years and it has never sounded this good. So happy my Audiophile buddy suggested Odyssey Audio. He recommended Odyssey and Anthem, but after researching Anthem, it seems they have some quality control issues. Not to say they don't have a good product, but I wanted something different and Odyssey's 20 year warranty didn't hurt. This hand built in the USA setup is so simple and beautiful with no annoying bright LEDs to distract. Thank you Klaus for keeping it simple and dedicated to sound and not wasting resources on most useless bells and whistles. :thumb:

Thanks to everyone here for your help and encouragement. Now I need to spend some quality time dialing things in and giving these babies some workout.  :drums:

GentleBender

Re: Cyclops and Suspiro Combo
« Reply #11 on: 4 Aug 2015, 03:54 pm »
Thought I would post here to update my thoughts on this great and affordable combo.

I've been using whatever free time I can to listen now that I have some quality components, even pushed gaming to the side.  :o After a few sonic changes as the Cyclops was breaking in things seem to be settled in now. Never was it harsh or fatiguing, but sometimes there would be a something missing in the upper or lower frequencies. Haven't noticed any changes recently so I think it has finished breaking in. The sound with the combination of the two components (Cyclops and Suspiro) are incredible and continue to impress me and my visitors.

Like great amps should, the upper frequencies are not piercing and are balanced with the lower frequencies and are never competing with each other. I've heard some systems that sound great until some power is really needed, which causes the soundstage and detail to fall apart into a muddy mess. The dynamics are huge and go from quiet acoustic guitar or piano to slamming bass and drums without losing detail or seeming forced.

I was given a nice power cord and tried it on both the amp and phono stage, but it was not a good match for this system, it sounded too dark and buried the detail I was used to. I will call Klaus to get some of those Groneberg Quattro Reference power cords that he has at a great price. However the speaker and IC cables Sonny (Tuan) makes and sell here were a great step up in SQ.

After five months of time with this combo my only upgrade wishes are to move up the chain one day to Khartago monos with a Tempest pre. My only question is will the Tempest sound as good as the Suspiro? :duh: :scratch:

Tomy2Tone

Re: Cyclops and Suspiro Combo
« Reply #12 on: 4 Aug 2015, 03:59 pm »
  My only question is will the Tempest sound as good as the Suspiro? :duh: :scratch:

There's only one way to find out... :icon_lol:

Going to send you a pm.