Short-Block USB filter

audioengr

Re: Short-Block USB filter
« Reply #80 on: 8 Aug 2013, 05:29 pm »
To me it seems like it's best to run it straight from the DAC with perhaps a small series of bends to make up the height differences between the DAC and the SB. I wouldn't think you would want to put a 90 degree bend in it - but that's me - others might feel differently about it.

If Steve was willing to make you one with a longer cable than perhaps I wouldn't be so hesitant about putting a large bend in it.

I can make the cable longer.  Its not the best quality, so I like to keep it short.

Steve N.

audioengr

« Reply #81 on: 8 Aug 2013, 05:34 pm »
Does this work with a NAD M51?

Not sure.  I believe I have customers using this with SB....

Steve N.

ejlif

« Reply #82 on: 9 Aug 2013, 08:26 pm »
I can make the cable longer.  Its not the best quality, so I like to keep it short.

Steve N.

so is it OK to have the SB hanging from the USB input on the DAC or does it need to be supported?  I have my DAC situated to the right side of my computer and so ideally I would be able to angle the SB towards the computer to plug into the USB cord.  I was just mostly wondering if the cord was flexible or it had to stay straight and if the weight of the box was OK hanging from the USB input on the DAC?

audioengr

« Reply #83 on: 10 Aug 2013, 08:50 pm »
so is it OK to have the SB hanging from the USB input on the DAC or does it need to be supported?  I have my DAC situated to the right side of my computer and so ideally I would be able to angle the SB towards the computer to plug into the USB cord.  I was just mostly wondering if the cord was flexible or it had to stay straight and if the weight of the box was OK hanging from the USB input on the DAC?

Hanging box is fine.

Steve N.

rogerdn

« Reply #84 on: 14 Sep 2013, 11:28 pm »
Steve, I'm getting PS Audio's new ADC/Phono amp, should I try my SB between it and my Mini or is it not designed for this ?

audioengr

« Reply #85 on: 15 Sep 2013, 05:01 pm »
Steve, I'm getting PS Audio's new ADC/Phono amp, should I try my SB between it and my Mini or is it not designed for this ?

If it does NOT require the +5V in the USB cable, it will work..

Steve N.

rogerdn

« Reply #86 on: 15 Sep 2013, 05:34 pm »
If it does NOT require the +5V in the USB cable, it will work..

Steve N.

By work I guess you mean it should improve SQ ?