FOR SALE: Parasound JC-2 Preamp

macrojack

• Restricted
FOR SALE: Parasound JC-2 Preamp
« on: 21 Apr 2010, 05:35 pm »
Long story attached to this acquisition but in a nutshell someone from Parasound contacted me about a turntable I was selling. After extensive negotiation, I came away with the above mentioned JC-2 preamp and two (2@) A-23 power amps. So last Thursday I opened the preamp box and unpacked one of the amps. I then sold my JeffRowland Capri and 102 amp and installed the Parasound JC-2, an A-23 on the woofers and my genuine Nick77 built ClassD audio amp on the horns. It sounds very good but my family went bonkers. My wife hates the stainless steel look and the size and my boys complained about losing the digital volume readout. I miss the Rowland phono section. Nobody complained at all about the little wooden ClassD however.
So, as a result, I'm selling the Parasound stuff. One of the amps is still in its sealed box and the other two pieces are pristine. Part of my deal with Parasound includes being able to provide my buyer with a new full factory warranty. I just have to call and have you plugged into the database.
So I am asking $2500 for the JC-2 and $650 for the open A-23 and $750 for the sealed one.

You can contact me at 970-858-1967 or tkse@bresnan.net

Ask for Tom.

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: FOR SALE: Parasound JC-2 Preamp
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2010, 01:49 pm »
UPDATE: In yet another demonstration of my steely resolve, I have elected to keep the Parasound A-23 amps. I have sold my JC-2 preamp through AC to Drbobs, and arranged to buy another one through an Audiogon ad. See what happens when I make up my mind.

So all of that pretty well negates the above ad. But don't fret. I have other things you can buy.

How about my Audio Mirror 20 watt SET monoblocks. Big power for single ended triodes. Extra tubes, self-biasing, Jensen Superior cap upgrade. Original packaging. Recent overhaul at Audio Mirror HQ. Detachable power cords. Very desirable amplifier for biamping horns or other efficient mid/hi frequency drivers. Really exceptional performance for the price. $1800.

Also can provide Audio Mirror T-61 preamp for $575 and Tubadour DAC (not USB) for $575.

Buy all three at once and get free shipping for $2800 total. You tube guys should take a hard look at this deal. Very high performance for this kind of money.

Please contact me directly at:  tkse@bresnan.net