Latest Live Shows You've Been To...

PierreB

Re: Latest Live Shows You've Been To...
« Reply #1340 on: 24 Sep 2017, 12:51 pm »
I saw Bruce Cockburn wednesday the 20 at l’Imperial Bell in Quebec city with my son.
What a show. Merveilleux. 2 hours of pure pleasure.
  :drums: :guitar:

Scottdazzle

« Reply #1341 on: 25 Sep 2017, 05:04 pm »
The two best concerts I've been to lately have been ladies' nights. First, Eilen Jewell and her fine band featuring Jerry Miller on guitar at the Fairfax County Government Center (a really nice lawn venue with good acoustics). And a few days later, sisters Allison Moorer and Shelby Lynne at the Birchmere. They should keep working together. Their harmonies are magical and wonderful.

loki1957

« Reply #1342 on: 25 Sep 2017, 05:24 pm »
Love Eilen Jewell. We saw Tom Russell in Santa Fe last night. Great performance.

rockadanny

« Reply #1343 on: 6 Oct 2017, 03:45 pm »
Popa Chubby last night at the Music Box Supper Club, Cleveland, OH (while the Indians were Chubbing the Yanks  :lol: )

I recorded some on my phone. Link to a YouTube video I uploaded from the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VONyOfPk3Ec

pocomo

« Reply #1344 on: 16 Oct 2017, 06:52 pm »
Some recent shows here in the Boston area.  First up, Father John Misty at the HarborLights Pavilion along the waterfront. Hard to see well but it was quite a large band with strings and horns:

Smaller scale gig; local band Dark Wheels at the world famous(!) Plough and Stars in Cambridge:

Last but not least we have Matthew Sweet (90s pop-grunge sensation) at the beautiful Narrows Music Center in a converted 19th century mill building in Fall River MA:

Rock on!

putz

« Reply #1345 on: 16 Oct 2017, 10:14 pm »
Got to step outside your comfort zone every once in a while. Was watching Roadies on Showtime and saw this young girl who intrigued me. Did a search and found out she was a Jersey girl. Bought her EP and liked it.

So my wife and I went to see Halsey at the Rock in Newark. Opening act was Charlie XCX ("I Don't Care") who was really good. Then a second act who was ehhh. And then Halsey came out to the screams of 15,000 15-25 year old girls. She owned the show and was so psyched to be performing in her home state. She had a real band playing, only one occasional dancer and she actually sang. With a microphone no less. Yes there were prerecorded vocals and she was scantily clad, but that's the way it is these days. BTW they don't hold up lighters anymore, it's cell phone flashlights. Next show for us will be Bruce on Bway. Back to the comfort zone.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #1346 on: 8 Dec 2017, 04:13 am »
Last night a buddy and I caught Richie Sambora and Orianthi at the Grammy Museum in LA.

After an intimate 45 minute discussion with Scott Goldman, they jammed "like we do at home". All electric-acoustic, they killed it. They're headed to Australia; see them if you are able.

rockadanny

« Reply #1347 on: 12 Dec 2017, 02:05 pm »
The Black Lillies at The Music Box Supper Club, Cleveland, OH. Awesome!  :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbfdahHWPXg

guf

« Reply #1348 on: 16 Dec 2017, 09:42 pm »
Thom Yorke at The Fox in Oakland

rockadanny

« Reply #1349 on: 18 Dec 2017, 02:03 pm »
Sonny Moorman at the Music Box in Cleveland, OH.

I forgot my phone so have no video.  :duh:  Great blues/blues-based music ...

Cyril "Sonny" Moorman is an American power blues guitarist. His style is sometimes compared to that of the Duane Allman, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Lonnie Mack, Gov't Mule, and occasionally Warren Haynes.

He hauled out his Flying Vee guitar and blistered several classic Lonnie Mack tunes. It was awesome!

guf

« Reply #1350 on: 2 Jan 2018, 02:47 am »
Phish MSG NYE

rockadanny

« Reply #1351 on: 7 Jan 2018, 01:14 am »
Last night at the Music Box Supper Club, Cleveland, OH. Great band from Pittsburgh: Bill Toms & Hard Rain

V
Watch video I took at show and uploaded to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2mNhvR7mDQ

And photo I took on my walk home after the show at 4 degrees F ... I walked fast to stay warm!

« Last Edit: 8 Jan 2018, 01:49 pm by rockadanny »

dynaflo

« Reply #1352 on: 22 Jan 2018, 07:57 pm »
Don't post too often on shows I see but last night I saw Marty Stuart at the Tower Theater in OKC.  Wow!  Totally blew me away.  What a great group of musicians and so entertaining.  Check him out if you have a chance.

rockadanny

« Reply #1353 on: 24 Feb 2018, 04:11 pm »
Caught Commander Cody last night at the Music Box Supper Club in Cleveland- lots of Texas swing, boogie, and some blues, plus his "hits": Down To Stems and Seeds Again, Hot Rod Lincoln, Smoke That Cigarette. Fun night. Not bad for a septuagenarian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SBQThjbb8U

milford3

« Reply #1354 on: 24 Feb 2018, 05:21 pm »
Got home from the Monsters of Rock cruise.  It was hosted by Eddie Trunk from That Medal Show fame.  To many bands to see all of them but I got to see 60% of the bands.

http://monstersofrockcruise.com/the-bands/

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #1355 on: 24 Feb 2018, 07:27 pm »
Hey Now,

Last Saturday night, 17FEB18, saw Josh Ritter and his band at the KCD Theater on the campus of Kentucky Country Day School in Louisville, KY. Nice venue, good tunes. Theater seats about 430 folks with very good acoustics.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

guf

« Reply #1356 on: 2 May 2018, 10:02 pm »
Trey Anastasio Trio - Jazz Fest - New Orleans Civic Theater

rockadanny

« Reply #1357 on: 7 Jul 2018, 12:34 pm »
Mo' Mojo last night at the Music Box Supper Club, Cleveland, OH

Doing some CCR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAYZkJl53NQ

rockadanny

« Reply #1358 on: 18 Jul 2018, 02:04 pm »
Nicki Bluhm last night at the Music Box Supper Club, Cleveland, OH.

My God! If I can ever figure out how to get a photo to show up properly ... argh!!!   :duh:

Song from last night (YouTube) ... turn it up!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0uZwe6KHM8

guf

« Reply #1359 on: 24 Jul 2018, 05:42 am »

Phish - the Gorge, WA