Aspen Forum Closure End of April

AKSA

Aspen Forum Closure End of April
« on: 19 Apr 2011, 10:46 pm »
Folks,

Regrettably this forum will close at the end of the month, and move to the Aspen forum on Diyaudio.

This is the result of a decision to move all marketing to the other forum.  John and I are parting quite amicably, and I thank him sincerely here for his great contribution to the community over many years.

Aspen began on Harmonic Discord, which ultimately became the Marie Celeste of the net, and was slowly left to drift into oblivion.  We enjoyed many good years on Audiocircle, which John selflessly ran for years without payment.

If you have anything on this forum which really takes your fancy, I urge you to save it to your HDD before April 30 because John tells me there is no easy way to archive the entire contents.

One door softly closes, another opens!  Thankfully Aspen is thriving, business is good, improving now the GFC is mostly behind us, and there are, as ever, many good and exciting products just released or about to hit the market.

Cheers,

Hugh

gaetan8888

Re: Aspen Forum Closure End of April
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2011, 02:33 am »
Hello Hugh

Sad to read that, I don't know what to said, I'm a bit surprise by that news.

I'm sure that all the guys will follow you to the Aspen forum on Diyaudio.

Good luck with this move.

Bye

Gaetan

AKSA

« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2011, 03:35 am »
Gaetan,

I'm simply rationalising marketing costs, and moving to one location for both.  The only constant thing in the universe is change.

Thank you for your sentiments, much appreciated!

Hugh

PSP

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2011, 04:26 am »
Hi Hugh,
Apologies for the dumb question, but how does one archive threads to their HD?  Can you really archive the whole thing?  There is a huge amount of information here that (chances are) will be lost sooner or later.  Essentially all of your products (the AKSA 55, the TLP, and forward) are still current in the sense that many hundreds of people listen to them daily and many still hope to tweak them someday for even better performance.   

In contrast to many audio boards, the Aspen group is of very high caliber, the discussions interesting, nearly always respectful, and mostly to the point.  The "experiments" people do here are generally well done, well reported, and well discussed. 

I suppose it's out of the question to transfer the whole Masterwork to DIYAudio...

I understand and support your decision... but we're probably going to lose a vast amount of good info.

Peter   

gaetan8888

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2011, 04:32 am »
Hello Hugh

How about archiving (or transfering to diyaudio) only the last two years or the last year ?

I understand that archiving the last one or two years are up to John, and transfering the last one or two years to diyaudio are up to Jason.

Bye

Gaetan

JohnR

« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2011, 05:38 am »
The Aspen forum will remain accessible in the archives. I'm not sure why it is thought otherwise.

Thanks

AKSA

« Reply #6 on: 20 Apr 2011, 06:55 am »
Thanks very much John, I had mistakenly thought none of it would be accessible.

Cheers,

Hugh

PSP

« Reply #7 on: 20 Apr 2011, 06:11 pm »
Excellent!!  Thanks John!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #8 on: 21 Apr 2011, 03:51 am »
Hugh,

Good luck.....sorry to see you go...but all the best... :beer:

Regrettably this forum will close at the end of the month, and move to the Aspen forum on Diyaudio.

Tho...I'm not a D-I-Y guy...I have visited that site to see what others are building, so I'll have to check in there to see what's up from Aspen.

Have a ....................

Chris

gaetan8888

« Reply #9 on: 21 Apr 2011, 05:08 am »
Hello

Happy Easter to all the guys.

And thank to John for archiving the Aspen forum threads.

Bye

Gaetan

RonR

« Reply #10 on: 27 Apr 2011, 01:43 pm »
Many thanks to John for putting up with us all for the last few years.

I suspect the other place will be a slightly more "robust" environment than AC has been. There are many more egos, nitpickers and naysayers to be found there by all accounts.

Good luck for the move, Hugh.

Cheers,
Ron.

AKSA

« Reply #11 on: 28 Apr 2011, 03:55 am »
Ron,

I think you are right, although the tube forum and the manufacturers forums are OK.  Truth is, most of the truly objectionable have dissipated over the years - either lost interest or were banned - and since my products are, right or wrong, regarded as DIY, it is reasonably appropriate.

I would repeat your thanks to John for putting up with us, it's very good of him.  For many years he ran AC for no monetary return - I was one of the ones that suggested he adopt advertising - and I'm most grateful for the time I had here.  It did a power of good for Aspen.  I wish John well for the brave new advertising future, I think the forum is indeed very harmonious, and long may it continue.   :thankyou:

I'm receiving a LOT of interest in and orders for the NAKSAs, rather pleasing in this time of meteoric AUD!   :bounce:

Cheers,

Hugh

guest1632

« Reply #12 on: 28 Apr 2011, 07:22 am »
Ron,

I think you are right, although the tube forum and the manufacturers forums are OK.  Truth is, most of the truly objectionable have dissipated over the years - either lost interest or were banned - and since my products are, right or wrong, regarded as DIY, it is reasonably appropriate.

I would repeat your thanks to John for putting up with us, it's very good of him.  For many years he ran AC for no monetary return - I was one of the ones that suggested he adopt advertising - and I'm most grateful for the time I had here.  It did a power of good for Aspen.  I wish John well for the brave new advertising future, I think the forum is indeed very harmonious, and long may it continue.   :thankyou:

I'm receiving a LOT of interest in and orders for the NAKSAs, rather pleasing in this time of meteoric AUD!   :bounce:

Cheers,

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Well, like many of us here on the circle sorry to see you go. Darn, now I have to go over to that other site, and I didn't see anything over there that was new. I went to the forum page, and went to Aksa, and well, gee, Hugh, I really am sorry to see you go. I hate to see stuff like this happening.

Maybe, you could post a simple thread as to what you are about to come out with, your cases for the Naksa, ETC. There doesn't seem to be as much material over there as there is here.

Well, I guess see you on that other forum.

Ray Bronk

AKSA

« Reply #13 on: 28 Apr 2011, 07:57 am »
Hi Ray,

AC will still have all the archive material you see here now.  That remains accessible, thanks to John.

The new forum will take up where we left off.  It will work well if we allow it to!

Cheers,

Hugh

AKSA

« Reply #14 on: 29 Apr 2011, 12:06 am »
Aspen's new forum is here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/aksa/

This forum is now the new Aspen forum with immediate effect,

Thank for all my reader support here at AC, and thank you in particular to John Reekie, owner of AC,

Cheers,

Hugh

mgalusha

« Reply #15 on: 29 Apr 2011, 02:29 am »
Best of luck in the new digs Hugh.  :thumb:

Mike

AKSA

« Reply #16 on: 1 May 2011, 07:10 am »
Many thanks, Mike!!

Greetings to you in God's country, Colorado!

Cheers,

Hugh