EchiDna

AKSA Gallery - See AC Gallery
« Reply #20 on: 25 Aug 2004, 01:13 am »
updated first page with Kyrill's AKSA.

AKSA

« Reply #21 on: 25 Aug 2004, 01:30 am »
Thank you muchly, Glen,

Much appreciated.  Kyrill will be pleased too!!

Cheers,

Hugh

zachslc

« Reply #22 on: 31 Aug 2004, 07:02 pm »

kyrill

« Reply #23 on: 31 Aug 2004, 08:46 pm »
hi Zachsic

your configuration is identical to mine: ) Now you can use the heatsink as a shield against the toroids when grounded.
Kyrill

Carlman

« Reply #24 on: 4 Sep 2004, 04:55 pm »
I finally added my AKSA photos.  I haven't taken any shots of the inside yet... but they'll be there eventually.
Here's my Gallery images.

JoshK

« Reply #25 on: 5 Sep 2004, 01:02 am »
Does the ON/OFF switch on the front come with the kit?  If it doesn't, what does it have to be rated for?  It seems like a nice heavy duty switch....I also need one for my tube preamp that i am building so I wouldn't mind knowing what the specs are on this one.

Carlman

« Reply #26 on: 5 Sep 2004, 03:48 am »
I'm using a 3-position switch made by Arco.  I can swap neutral for hot with this switch.  I bought it from Hugh.  I know it's availabe in the U.S... just can't remember where.

The power switch is not included in the kit, though.

Lost81

« Reply #27 on: 5 Sep 2004, 05:52 am »
Quote from: JoshK
Does the ON/OFF switch on the front come with the kit?  If it doesn't, what does it have to be rated for?  It seems like a nice heavy duty switch....I also need one for my tube preamp that i am building so I wouldn't mind knowing what the specs are on this one.

Hi Josh,

This might work.

I ordered these for my AKSA 100 N monoblocks.
(No, I haven't installed these switches yet.

Advanced apologies for bad spelling (if any)--I've got a couple bottles of chianti in my system right now  :thankyou:

-Lost81

AKSA

« Reply #28 on: 5 Sep 2004, 06:41 am »
Benny,

Paul is right;  I have on/off/on switches suitable for this very application.  They cost $AUD8, about $US5.60, but please don't ask me to post a picture here, too much braindamage on a Sunday!

Cheers,

Hugh

AKSA

« Reply #29 on: 19 Sep 2004, 05:22 am »
Folks,

I've just added three good photos of an AKSA 100W N+ to the gallery, on page 28 here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=393

This is the same case as the audition amplifier presently winging its way around the US.  Very strong, nicely powder coated, front panel is 5mm thick aluminium, mushroom head Allen studs to secure the top panel, all laser cut holes/slots, LEDs are both High Efficiency blues.

It's possible to trace every wire in the first photo;  this should be helpful for anyone assembling a 100W AKSA.  Note the epoxy holding wires in place on the toroids and the power supply pcb.

Cheers,

Hugh

Lost81

« Reply #30 on: 19 Sep 2004, 07:38 am »
Wow! :o
Very nice and clean lines, Hugh!

Wish I had this model to follow when I was building mine :mrgreen:

-Lost81

kyrill

« Reply #31 on: 19 Sep 2004, 08:48 am »
Simple and beautiful

The sticker is a ehh.. a matter of taste  :|

Rocket

aksa chassis
« Reply #32 on: 19 Sep 2004, 11:59 am »
Hi Hugh,

Do you sell the finished front place like the one which is shown in the picture?

That is one of the best finished aksa's i have seen.

regards

rocket

Seano

« Reply #33 on: 19 Sep 2004, 11:47 pm »
Very very nice. On looks alone you should sell buckets.  Very much worth the effort put into the CAD and CNC part of the project.

Like very much the logo.  Very classy. Major improvement on the old decal. Can I get a copy for my impending case upgrade? PLEASE!!!

AKSA

« Reply #34 on: 20 Sep 2004, 12:10 am »
Sean,

Thank you for your comments.  Off to the metal work man to have another 25 of these boxes made.  I like 'em too, very strong, quite elegant.

The logo was created by a retired Director of Art and Graphic design at BHP.  I think it is terrific too.  Jeff Rompala, who hails from Boise Idaho and is U4EA on this forum, burned the logo onto a number of small pieces of timber at a friend's laser installation.  Through my good friend DSK (Darren) here in Melbourne we have ordered a number laser-etched onto stainless steel, and this should be suitable for metal glueing onto any front panel.

Rod, yes, I have a few front panels;  all are power sanded aluminium, powder coated satin black.  I have just enough for about 10 boxes;  they are sold together.

Slowly, inch by inch, Aspen is becoming more professional and consumer oriented.  Production costs are always the issue, but to some extent this is circumvented by cunning design.

Cheers,

Hugh

Rocket

aksa chassis
« Reply #35 on: 20 Sep 2004, 09:36 am »
Hi Hugh,

I will see if i can pony up and buy one of these in a couple of weeks.

I was thinking of putting the aksa into my old n.e.w. chassis but the chassis you sells with power coating will look pretty good imo.

Can i buy the power switch from you?  Will you have any logos left over?

regards

rod

Martin

« Reply #36 on: 21 Sep 2004, 02:47 am »
Excellent Photos!
Very professional.
Martin

EchiDna

« Reply #37 on: 22 Sep 2004, 03:48 am »
all updated again on the first page  8)

AKSA

« Reply #38 on: 22 Sep 2004, 04:06 am »
Thank you Glen,

You shame me.........!!

Hugh

stvnharr

« Reply #39 on: 25 Sep 2004, 03:14 pm »
Hugh,
Very very nice professional looking amplifier.
This is the future for Aksa, I would hope.
Great logo!!!

Steve