Venice 7 DAB+/FM Module

PJR

Venice 7 DAB+/FM Module
« on: 12 Mar 2011, 05:41 am »
Hugh has kindly suggested that I place this topic on the forum, in the hope that someone out there in Aspenland knows of a source for the subject module. In my case, the module to hand was supplied by Jaycar Australia, as part of a DAB+/FM tuner kit (the same kit is also sold by Jaycar UK), designed by/for Silicon Chip magazine. I damaged a few of the module's delicate pads and traces while trying to rectify an assembly error (mine!). The manufacturer, Frontier Silicon (refer to http://www.frontier-silicon.com/products/modules/venice7.htm ), does not sell direct to the public, so I need to find an alternative supplier ... possibly someone in the digital car radio industry. There are probably millions of Venice 7 modules in service, Silicon Chip claims that they are used in about 7 out of 10 new DAB+ radios throughout the world. I need just one module, as displayed on the manufacturer's website - but the antenna connector shown is optional, as I would be connecting the internal cable direct to pads on the module.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2011, 11:41 pm by PJR »

AKSA

Re: Venice 7 DAB+/FM Module
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2011, 02:22 am »
Not much response, Peter, anyone here know about DAB+ radio chips?

Any input much appreciated.......

Hugh

Seano

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2011, 09:47 pm »
Not much response, Peter, anyone here know about DAB+ radio chips?

Any input much appreciated.......

Hugh

They're the sort of thing typically purchased in the thousands in order to satisfy a model run....a bit like when you might by heatsinks from Conrads. Not something many of our typical suppliers will actually stock.

I'd reckon that if Peter wants another one then he might be best served sourcing a DAB+ radio like the superseded Bush BR10 http://www.digitalcentre.com.au/p/1158025/bush-br10dab-dab-digital-radio.html (which apaprently has the same module) and removing the module from that.....which kind of defeats the purpose.  Perhaps he should talk to Jaycar?

PJR

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2011, 03:05 am »
Hi Seano

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll follow up both of them.

Regards, Peter