Polk LSi9 "Impressive"!!!!

Charles Calkins

Polk LSi9 "Impressive"!!!!
« on: 14 Feb 2011, 11:35 pm »
I got my Von Schweikert VR4 GENIII HSE speakers all boxed up and am sending them to Von Schweirket for upgrades.

While they will be gone I hooked up the polk LSi9 bookshelf speakers to my main audio system. I have been using the Polk's in my surround system for movie watching. They are driven by an Onkyo receiver. Sound okay. Nothing to rave about.

So now that they are my main source of listening I'm very,very Impressed. The darn things sound pretty good! Good detail and great Bass. No Bass module needed with these. If somebody is in the market for a real good sounding bookshelf speaker I highly recommend the Polk LSi9's

Cheers
                            Charlie

Freo-1

Re: Polk LSi9 "Impressive"!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2011, 02:23 am »
Polk LSI speakers are good value for the money.  I used to own a pair of LSI 15's, and they were a good match with tube amps.  The ring radiator tweeter is a real treat.

I sold them recently, and replaced them with a pair of Source Technologies 277SE.  Although the 277's are a bit smoother overall, the Polk speakers are very competitive.  A buddy of mine has a pair of LSI 25's with a restored Fisher KX-200, and he loves the sound.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2011, 02:35 am »
I owned the LSi15s for a while and always thought the were very good for the money. Very hard to fault them. Also owned the Lsi7s, bought them as factory refurbs, They are one of my favorite monitors. Wish I hadn't sold them. Have not heard the Lsi9s but would like to.

Zero

« Reply #3 on: 25 Feb 2011, 06:50 pm »
My very first set of truly high end loudspeakers was a set of LSi-9's.  I'm proud to say that they are still in my abode, and still sound fantastic.

bunky

« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2011, 09:54 pm »
When my house burned Mark/Dorokusai brought me a new pair of LSi7's directly from Polk Audio along with other gear that friends/fellow audio enthusiasts had sent for Doro to deliver to my current home.the LSi 7 is not only a great little speaker for its reasonable retail price but it really is a great little loudspeaker period  :thumb: