Trainquility DAC

bhobba

Re: Trainquility DAC
« Reply #20 on: 15 Oct 2010, 09:55 am »
I was just down at Mike Lenehan's checking out the first production run of his new PDX DAC with USB input. Man this is one fine sounding DAC. It was not even fully tricked out with the top stuff like Duelund capacitors and already it is above the prototype, which is in the same league as the reference DAC Mike was using - and that clobbers a DCS Stack. This is serious stuff 100% for sure. We also checked it out against the base model Tranquility DAC. Now the PDX fully tricked out is nearly 3 times the price of the Tranquility but it was absolutely competitive. Very transparent and analog like. Very beguiling. The PDX just pipped it in bass control and coherency but it was far from shamed. A 'coldness' issue we previously had was completely removed by powering the Mac Mini from a non conditioned power supply as recommended by Eric. For the money the Tranquility is exceptional value. Mike was very impressed. The Tranquility Signature will be a tough challenge for the PDX, but the PDX we will check it out on will be mine which will be totally tricked out with Duelunds and the other top stuff. This promises to be one hell of a comparison and I really would like everyone who can to contact me and I will see if a place can be reserved for this shootout.

Thanks
Bill