Hypex modules?

darwin

Hypex modules?
« on: 8 Mar 2010, 02:48 pm »
Kevin,
Are you not selling the Hypex amp modules any longer? I'm looking for some UcD400HG with HxR and I couldn't find them on your website.  :scratch:

Kevin Haskins

Re: Hypex modules?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2010, 04:56 pm »
I am not.... I have a few finished products that will be released using the OEM modules but I'm not handling the DIY materials any longer.    They can be bought direct from Hypex with fairly short shipping times.   

www.hypex.nl

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

DustyC

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2010, 07:57 pm »
Kevin,
I was thinking about getting a couple of these to try also. Is there any duty tax, etc to pay when buying these from overseas?
Why did you quit selling these?
Thanks

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2010, 04:51 am »
Kevin,
I was thinking about getting a couple of these to try also. Is there any duty tax, etc to pay when buying these from overseas?
Why did you quit selling these?
Thanks

There are customs fees but the collection of them by UPS is sporadic.   Since I'm a business with a UPS account they manage to bill me for every order.   Consumers may or may not get tagged with the fee which is about 4.9% on electronic parts.

I'm not selling them simply because I don't have the time to support DIYers and it just wasn't profitable.   

bigjppop

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2010, 11:55 pm »

I'm not selling them simply because I don't have the time to support DIYers and it just wasn't profitable.

A little ironic considering the name of your business is diycable.com.  Are you changing your business model to sell fully built products instead of DIY materials?  Not trying to be an A$$, honestly curious on whether or not you're going in a different direction.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2010, 03:34 pm »
A little ironic considering the name of your business is diycable.com.  Are you changing your business model to sell fully built products instead of DIY materials?  Not trying to be an A$$, honestly curious on whether or not you're going in a different direction.

Yea... I guess it is time to change my name. 

The bottom line with anything in business is you can either make money doing it or you go out of business.