Seasons Greetings

LM

• Lyn
Seasons Greetings
« on: 20 Dec 2008, 11:57 pm »
While sitting back and enjoying my Aspen kit and how well it sounds, I suddenly remembered what time of the year it is and how much I have to be grateful for - not the least of which is the gift of good music.

Hugh, to you and your family, and all the fellow Aspenites around the world, compliments of the season.  May your Christmas New Year period be a great one and best wishes for the coming year. :xmas:

gaetan8888

Re: Seasons Greetings
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2008, 01:52 am »
Hello

Yes... merry Christmas and happy New Year Hugh and to your family and to all the guy's of the Aspen forum.

Gaetan

AKSA

« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2008, 06:35 am »
Thank you Lyn, Gaetan,

Most appreciated.....  another season of festivity and morose recession is upon us, ain't life grand?!

Sri and I extend my very best Merry Christmas and wishes for the New Year to you, your families, and to all Aspen customers, past, present and future.  It's been a good year, and I'm pleased with progress.

We've just returned from a family outing at a smorgasbord luncheon, man, I've eaten too much and need to rest up....  and Christmas hasn't even started!

Cheers,

Hugh

VYnuhl.Addict

« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2008, 03:45 am »
Merry Christmas Hugh and Family, and to all who are actively involved in making Aspen what it is and will become. To all who care about fine audio and new friendships that are had and to be made along the way. May 2009 be a great year, and once again a time for advancements in Audio... :drool:.

Merry Xmas and a Fantastic New Year
Colin

Tinker

• http://web.access.net.au/~bwilliam/macam
« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2008, 05:24 am »
Hi All,
   I've been pretty quiet on the forum this year, but I have enjoyed reading the many posts that others have contributed. Special thanks to Hugh for all his tireless work, patience, scintillating caffeine-driven circuit drawing sessions and all round general nice-guyness.

Best wishes of the season to all you AKSAphiles, as well as your families and loved ones.

Best of luck for the new year!

Ben.

rabbitz

« Reply #5 on: 22 Dec 2008, 08:01 am »
Best wishes to all the Aspen family.

Peter

kyrill

« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2008, 04:53 pm »
Dag Lieve mensen
Ik wens jullie allemaal a happy XMAS en een very HAPPY NEW YEAR
an natuurlijk bove all a very learning en satisfying 1999
 :green: :thumb: :banana piano: :violin: :guitar: :drums: :smoke: :wine: :beer:
groetz from Holland

MikeC

« Reply #7 on: 23 Dec 2008, 06:45 pm »
Hi Kyrill

Groete van Suid Afrika. Ek dink jy kan my boodskap met you Nederlands uitwerk.

Seasons Greetings to Hugh, all AKSA owners and general hangers-on around here, from steamy Durban, South Africa. Summer has finally arrived, and with a vengeance. The temperature was hovering around 38°C here yesterday, but the humidity was the real killer. This was after a week of upper 20's to low 30's temperatures. At least it has cooled down somewhat now, with Christmas day forecast to peak at only 26°C.

I haven't had much to say this past year, but have lurked here regularly. Likewise, I haven't added to my system at all, only made some small tweaks. It speaks volumes for the AKSA kit that my only real desire to change anything right now centres on my volume control. Hugh is really going to have to come up with something special next year  :wink:.

Cheers

Mike

gerado

« Reply #8 on: 23 Dec 2008, 10:22 pm »
Have a happy and safe Christmas everyone.

kyrill

« Reply #9 on: 23 Dec 2008, 10:32 pm »
Hi Kyrill

Groete van Suid Afrika. Ek dink jy kan my boodskap met you Nederlands uitwerk.

ja ja dat dink je goed :) ik kan dat goed uitwerk ;)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #10 on: 24 Dec 2008, 07:36 am »
Looks like about 6 hours till Santa arrives in Australia Hugh ....
......don't forget to leave the milk and cookies... :wink:

Here's to you....and your family....and Marty.... :beer:

A very Merry Christmas........all the best !!! :thumb:

Chris

AKSA

« Reply #11 on: 14 Dec 2009, 12:06 pm »
Folks,

We are coming around to another Season's Greetings!!  We are lucky, all of us, to be alive and kicking, and I thank all Aspen customers for their support for 2009.   :thankyou:

More 'n better stuff coming next year, and a NEWS update on the website posted yesterday!   :rock:

Merry Christmas all, and a HNY, and may your systems give forth beautiful carols for Christmas!   :lol:

Cheers,

Hugh

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #12 on: 14 Dec 2009, 09:38 pm »
may your systems give forth beautiful carols for Christmas!

And a great festive season back to you Hugh!
Regarding beautiful carols, I've just just developed a theory that storing CDs away in a dark place for 12 months improves them noticeably - like ageing red wine.  Diana Krall is singing her carols just so much better this year.  Oops,  :oops: :oops: :oops: just remembered - I've now got the Soraya 09 this year.  :scratch:
Merry Christmas Hugh and family and all the little Aspenites around the world.

AKSA

« Reply #13 on: 16 Dec 2009, 06:47 am »
Thanks Lyn,

Seasons greetings to you and your family back, and to all those who lurk here!!

Or should that be seasons greenings, in light of the big pow wow in Copenhagen?  I see it's stalling a little...  difficult times, no question.

It's 39C in Melbourne today, and I'm about to leave on the train for the City to attend my youngest daughter's graduation ceremony.  Guess her degree?  Industrial Design (Fashion)!!  Ain't it grand?

Cheers,

Hugh

gaetan8888

« Reply #14 on: 16 Dec 2009, 05:23 pm »
Hello Hugh and everybody

Merry Christmas Hugh and all the guy's.

This year we have a very cold winter in Canada, here in the Quebec province we have very little snow but it's very cold, and in the Manitoba province it was -47 c few day ago.

Bye

Gaetan

AKSA

« Reply #15 on: 18 Dec 2009, 01:23 am »
Gaetan,

I cannot even conceive of such intense cold.  We don't even have snow in this country;  I guess that's beyond your imagination, too!  It is amazing how adaptable is the human being.......

Hugh

SuperMart

« Reply #16 on: 18 Dec 2009, 02:46 am »
Just for the record - we do have snow in this country. Just because Hugh has probably not seen it doesn't mean it isn't there. There's quite a bit of it in the appropriately named Australian Alps. See also Mt Buller, Falls Creek and Mt Baw Baw....................

Now where did I put my cross country skis.

Merry Christmas!!

AKSA

« Reply #17 on: 18 Dec 2009, 03:53 am »
Marty is right, I am wrong......  we do have snow, but not in any of the cities.

However, ONCE, I was a competent skier.  I skied on the slopes of Mt Buller for a few seasons!

Hugh

Greg Erskine

« Reply #18 on: 18 Dec 2009, 08:03 pm »
Also, it is not uncommon for it to snow on christmas day on the extreme south coast of Tasmania.

kyrill

« Reply #19 on: 23 Dec 2009, 12:49 pm »
Merry Christmas and happy New Year Hugh and to your family and to all the guy's and gall' s of the Aspen forum and all other tinkers and music lovers