NuForce NE-7M review

Woodsea

NuForce NE-7M review
« on: 20 Nov 2008, 01:52 am »
Just received my pair of earphones from nuforce/amazon.  Arrived in 4 days in a nice box, with ascending sized black ear pieces to fit any persons auricular hole.
They are a handsome pair, with gold banding on black.  I did not test the microphone.  I may do an addendum later, on that matter, but this was not the reason for the purchase.
I have another pair of earphones that I have been using for 18 months called the v-moda vibe.  I have been very happy with these and they look cool, which is the euro niche these 'older' pair are trying to fit.
I have a Samsung YP-T9J 4gb mp3 player, that I purchased around the same time as the Vibes.   Both of these products received good reviews in the sound reproducing department.  I have never owned an ipod, but have but sold a creative one while in living in Cuba.  Sound was ok, but it was cumbersome in controls.
Back to the NuForce product, the motor parts are smaller in length but similar in circumference to the Vibes.  The cable"s connectors are at a 90 degree angle compared to the straight (circa 2007) V-modas (checking out their web-sight this has changed to 45 degree).  The cabling itself is fairly stiff, without a trace of 'rubbing' sound coming through to your ear if rubbed or scrapped while listening to music.  The Vibes are a bit more rubbery and share the same auditory characteristics.
I seem to have a medium sized hole and use the ear tips both companies were so kind to install and ship to me. 
I played some Madonna, Alexi Murdoch, Willie Nelson and AC/DC. 
The NuForce seemed to lift a veil, a very light one, but a noticeable one.  The bass was equal, both able to give a hearty rumble, but not overbearing.  The mids and the definition I believe are the strong part of the Nuforce earphone that make it excel above the other.  It was stronger, more alive and much better differentiated than the Vibes.  The highs sounded the same, but still the Nuforce with the separation factor won out.
Which is for me?  The V-Modas are like jewelry, while the understated Nuforce will just say 'not itunes nor sony'.  I am not in love with the look, if I had a gold Lexus I would feel right at home with these.  But, I don't, so these will be my around the house pair.  When I want to show some bling the V-Modas are going to do the job, especially when I am working out at the local club.  Which I don't do, by the way.    Seriously, these two pair are attracting two different crowds.  If you are on the Metro in your 3 piece, go for the Nuforce and listen to the way the music was recorded to be heard.
If you are running and working out in your Nordstrom fleece, than go for the V-Moda.  You will not hear a difference at that point.
For serious listening though, Nuforce ear buds are the way to go.
I tried to upload pictures of the box and the earphones against their rivals but failed.  Just so you could get a reference to size and aesthetics.

« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2008, 06:57 pm by Woodsea »